Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drinking and hang overs

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Tonight I have picked up 4 pints of Rooster's The Accomplice, an IPA/Pale ale at 5.7%. I'm probably going to end up walking around the house in my pants throwing bottles out of my bedroom window at passing cars and fully expect to get Tasered by the Rozzers at some point, yet, a hangover is the least of my worries.

:lolol: share the problem with lager, many are likely to give me a headache while drinking them.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
:lolol: share the problem with lager, many are likely to give me a headache while drinking them.

nearly got through the full 4 pints and was pretty wasted thanks to having worked a six day week mon-sat.... however, feel fine this morning. I really think that proper beer, rather than the industrially produced stuff, seems to have less toxins or chemicals or whatever.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Suffering today, went to the football at Worthing yesterday, 5 pints in the ground, followed by a further 4 pint bottles of a lovely wheat beer at the Brookstead Alehouse after. Got home, passed out, woke up at 3am, was exorcist sick, then went back to bed. Feeling less than great this afternoon, but considering the amount I tucked away (for me), I'm in good nick. Found a boiling hot shower helped this morning. The idea of food however is still making me feel ill.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I've got some kind of genetic luck built in that means I'm yet to have experienced a hangover ever. My dad was the same.

I can't put it down to anything though. I have for 90% of my drinking life, been a spirits man, as I simply don't like beer, but yet even when I've occasionally mixed drinks there has been no adverse effect - even after sessions when I've got through a whole bottle of Southern Comfort in a session.
I'm not bragging, it's just the way it's been - maybe my brain will give up on me in later years instead.

If you can drink a whole bottle of Southern Comfort in a session with no apparent adverse effect, then your liver will give up on you WAY before your brain does.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
If you can drink a whole bottle of Southern Comfort in a session with no apparent adverse effect, then your liver will give up on you WAY before your brain does.

Highly likely. But it's not something that I've done too often.. 3 times maybe.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

If you willing want to drink a whole bottle of Southern Comfort in a session I'd suggest your brain has already given up.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
If you willing want to drink a whole bottle of Southern Comfort in a session I'd suggest your brain has already given up.

LOL.. why's that then? Is it wrong to prefer a spirit over a pint?

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

depends how long the session is doesn't it? If it's only occasionally, the liver can regenerate .... not saying it's good, alcohol is poison, drinking several pints is just as bad (unfortunately)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here