Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The North Stand sounds amazing when they all sing together

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It sounded on the radio like other parts of the ground joined in with the "We're the north stand brighton boys " chant, true?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
I stand in the N1B under the control box. I sing any and every song along with a lot of others. Last night there was a very noticeable lift in decibels in the singing, especially when the North Stand/ North-West Stand song started. Hairs on my neck stood up, along with the Kockhaert song.

There are two frustrating things for me in the North Stand, 1) not everyone joins in the singing.. why not? If you don't want to sing fair enough but if it was me I would be in the East or West on the half way line if I didn't sing as you don't go to the North for the view. I was East halfway line two season ago but not enough atmosphere for me. 2) We cannot always hear the lot in the middle or east side of the North. This is mainly because there is little time where we are not singing a song, so cannot hear them. But when we do have a lull and either the other part of the North or the North-West start a song, we always join in.

Last night was awesome, long may it continue cause this season could be even better than last years! :D

Well I hate to raise it but one of the few times the NS gets full coordination is when people bang on the back of the stand "Bash bash, bash bash bash, bash bash bash bash, bash bash - BRIGHTON!" And it's loud. What on earth could be used to bring that coordination more regularly?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Well I hate to raise it but one of the few times the NS gets full coordination is when people bang on the back of the stand "Bash bash, bash bash bash, bash bash bash bash, bash bash - BRIGHTON!" And it's loud. What on earth could be used to bring that coordination more regularly?

Clackers?

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Clackers?

Hahahaha! Seriously though, we all saw how the crowd lifted the team last night, so a bit less cringing and worrying about what the neighbours might think and someone bring a flippin' drum and it's sorted!
(puts on tin helmet)

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen

Hmmmmn. Do you mean some sort of percussion instrument?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Hmmmmn. Do you mean some sort of percussion instrument?
43fb0c7cdb4d6eb1e884f5b44a514a2c.jpg

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Hahahaha! Seriously though, we all saw how the crowd lifted the team last night, so a bit less cringing and worrying about what the neighbours might think and someone bring a flippin' drum and it's sorted!
(puts on tin helmet)

Well yea, the 'we're the North stand..' chant was the loudest i've heard the north in several seasons. Sounded ****ing amazing from the south end of the West.

Makes me want to get back in there, but the back few rows are never available, and I know some mute wanker tapping me on the shoulder again will make me soon regret it.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Well yea, the 'we're the North stand..' chant was the loudest i've heard the north in several seasons. Sounded ****ing amazing from the south end of the West.

Makes me want to get back in there, but the back few rows are never available, and I know some mute wanker tapping me on the shoulder again will make me soon regret it.
I remember the first season when this song went around each stand! Why don't people join in anymore

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I know they looked at moving a group into the middle but not enough people wanted to move, but why not just move a few each season as 'churn' dictates and soon enough everyone will be together.

Seems the only way to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I know nothing about all this North Stand being split business and have no idea why there would be any animosity between sets of fans who are supposed to be all on the same side. What I do know is that the North Stand was actually really loud last night at times from the WSU and it makes a massive difference. So whatever this problem is, please get over it!

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Sat in the South this time, couldn't hear the west at all and was impressed with the noise the South made, quite a few characters in there. Back to my new seat / stand in the North next game, moved over from the east two seasons ago and don't regret it one bit.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
As I have said before where you sit gives you a very different perspective to both the game(player contributions) and the noise. Thought the crowd(north/west and possibly south) was really good a lot of noise generated.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It's interesting that some posters in the south couldn't hear the west. From the family stand, we could see the south lads doing a fine job of replying to the north but all we could hear was the west and they were VERY LOUD as was the north. I would suggest that the south lads couldn't hear the west as they were singing the reply at the same time as the west stand. Even some of us more genteel folks in the east joined in.

It really doesn't matter about coordination. The important thing was the quality of the chant and the fact that soon after it started, we scored a couple of goals.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
It's interesting that some posters in the south couldn't hear the west. From the family stand, we could see the south lads doing a fine job of replying to the north but all we could hear was the west and they were VERY LOUD as was the north. I would suggest that the south lads couldn't hear the west as they were singing the reply at the same time as the west stand. Even some of us more genteel folks in the east joined in.

It really doesn't matter about coordination. The important thing was the quality of the chant and the fact that soon after it started, we scored a couple of goals.
Yes. We have been over this so many times. The BRILLIANT, and bordering on unique, quality of The Amex is that all 4 stands (often including the away fans) make a lot of noise and usually at the same time as each other. The Amex atmosphere is superb and this has frequently been confirmed by relative neutrals in attendance (managers, TV pundits and press). Naylor on a wind up, and one eyed away fans who have been noisy in their own section, occasionally pipe up with a different view - but they are wrong.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
I know nothing about all this North Stand being split business and have no idea why there would be any animosity between sets of fans who are supposed to be all on the same side. What I do know is that the North Stand was actually really loud last night at times from the WSU and it makes a massive difference. So whatever this problem is, please get over it!

I think the atmosphere has often been good since last 2 or 3 months of last season. It won't ever be what I call loud because there are too many women and kids mixed in the nort and west stands. I don't mean than to be sexist or ageist. I think it's great that more women and young people go to football. If you look at loud supporters from other clubs, eg, Pompey, palates or Wednesday there is a much higher percentage of men/older lads in the singing areas. We do a good job and especially in the north. I am between the police box boys and the middle and they have improved at realising when a different song is being sung and then joining in.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yes. We have been over this so many times. The BRILLIANT, and bordering on unique, quality of The Amex is that all 4 stands (often including the away fans) make a lot of noise and usually at the same time as each other. The Amex atmosphere is superb and this has frequently been confirmed by relative neutrals in attendance (managers, TV pundits and press). Naylor on a wind up, and one eyed away fans who have been noisy in their own section, occasionally pipe up with a different view - but they are wrong.
Absolutely right! It does sometimes annoy me, the snide comments from some fans (not on this thread) that it is quiet. Sure it is sometimes. All grounds go quiet anyway. At times the atmosphere is amazing, it's certainly way way better than the Goldstone. Considering we sit in the family stand, often the noise there is fantastic, the west/east sides of the Goldstone were NEVER that good.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
I was in the north and I could hear the south and north west and see them with their arms up whilst singing. Couldn't see any West stand upper and only handful of west stand lower arms and no apparent vocal either. Used to be loud when West stand upper got going.

Time for one of the main North stand groups to move to the south I think. Generate some atmosphere next to away fans. I'll happily go there on mass.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I was in the north and I could hear the south and north west and see them with their arms up whilst singing. Couldn't see any West stand upper and only handful of west stand lower arms and no apparent vocal either. Used to be loud when West stand upper got going.

Time for one of the main North stand groups to move to the south I think. Generate some atmosphere next to away fans. I'll happily go there on mass.

So weird the acoustics there. From the family stand the west were really loud and the word 'west' could be clearly heard.

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
Normally WSU North side could not make last night so listened to BBC Sussex ,very impressed with the support and noise level,even prior to us scoring the backing was amazing,well done all GOSBTS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here