Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The North Stand sounds amazing when they all sing together

albionite

May 20, 2009
I can assure that the majority of us in the middle are very vocal, but it's difficult to stitch two sides together that seem to be at different tempos.

wasn't so much about being vocal more about leading. If the middle section had the song starters/louder singers or how ever you want to put it the rest would follow. For now we have two groups

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
It's frustrating but I guess those two areas start the most chants so those around them hear those and join in and it clashes. I'm in F and if I hear the police box crew starting a song and our area is quiet I and others would join in. Just don't always hear them when the video screen guys are starting chants.

I notice where you sit is a good halfway point between the PBC and the VSC. If you could orchestrate and tell one side to shut up then pass on their chant, that'd be great:lolol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It always helps when the team give us something to sing about.
They didn't yesterday, the North and West were in good voice before we started playing well, I was quite impressed.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I notice where you sit is a good halfway point between the PBC and the VSC. If you could orchestrate and tell one side to shut up then pass on their chant, that'd be great:lolol:

Nowhere near half way in between! I do try but it's an impossible task tbh!

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Still seems to be that split though,

One group singing in N1F then one over near N1D with the odd few in he middle. End up signing two chants or out of time.

That split becomes obvious when you have us lot in N1D singing "we're in the north stand" and that bunch over in N1F singing "we're in the north west..."

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Hey hang on there one darn minute, that may be true, but so were we in the west . . .

We're the North Stand, We're the North Stand, followed equally voluably by We're the West Stand, We're the West Stand . . . etc. etc.

Yes, west was louder than normal too. The point I was getting at was that the north, where we expect most of the noise to come from, did its job well last night instead of being disjointed.

The game itself petered out a bit last night but I thought the atmosphere was really good for a Tuesday in August with an understandably small away crowd.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Was great from the North stand last night, But its also great when the whole of West stand join in together, also nice to see the East stand joining in more.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
The "we all follow Brighton Hove Albion" chant seems to be one of the only ones sung by the whole stand .

I sit in Block C just along from the PB crew and they do create a good atmosphere but the problem is as soon as they finish one song they start another and don't give a chance to hear what Block F are singing .

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Not at all, it was all North/South from the South end, West couldn't be heard. As has been pointed out - acoustics.

Its really strange. I sit in WSU level with the 18 yard line close to the North Stand. The North/West stand brighton boys chant was really really loud but I have never heard the south sing at all. Not saying they don't, but I literally don't hear them. Same with the AK song.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Still seems to be that split though,

One group singing in N1F then one over near N1D with the odd few in he middle. End up signing two chants or out of time.

Completely correct. There's a no-man's-land between the two groups and when they occasionally manage to sing the same thing at the same time it's very loud. There is no problem with singing at the AMEX, but a big problem of coordination.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here