Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool reject Palace's offer for Benteke because....

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I wonder if it'll eventually come off?

Benteke must be wondering where it all went wrong, if the best (only?) offer he's got is from Palace.

It says West Brom are interested although their offer is £5m up front and £25m when pigs learn how to fly.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My understanding is that Liverpool were ok with the clauses until they saw that £2 mill was dependant on Brighton reaching the PL. :)

That's almost as pathetic a rejoinder as 'anyway, you smell'. :lolol:

Anyway, you smell.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
[h=1]
'People have many pet hates – things that annoy them. One of mine is anything overpriced. I don't mind paying more for a good product and I don't mind sometimes overpaying...a little bit. I do mind vastly overpaying for something, particularly when I feel the seller is trying to rip me off.'
:lolol::lolol::lolol:[/h]
Isn't that Palarse in a nutshell?

http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/...-for-benteke/story-29626115-detail/story.html

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Has Steve Parish's ego finally gotten the better of him? Palace offer an initial £25m upfront and that is rejected and then they come back with what is basically a lower offer of £23m. That £2.5m extra if Palace get a CL spot also has further clauses of Benteke playing 70% of matches (27+ matches) when last year Palace's forwards averaged under 13 appearances each and the most appearances by a single player was 24.

And there's even a further clause of Benteke scoring 20 goals in the season. There's not been more than 3 Premier League strikers scoring more than 20 goals in a season since 2009/10 and Benteke has previously never managed to score 20 league goals anywhere that he has played and this season is already under way with matches having been played. Now it looks like West Brom could come in for him and that could leave Parish having to pay over the odds for a hastily put together replacement.

Utter madness, it's pretty clear he was a long-term target and they've had since May to put together a reasonable bid for him, they've also got the Bolasie money sitting in the bank. No wonder Liverpool think Palace are a bunch of piss-takers.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Seems like things are happening.
Now £27 mill up front plus add ons.
Must have took out the CL and Brighton clauses

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I wonder if we took the champions league clause out ? That might have swung it :smile:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Seems like things are happening.
Now £27 mill up front plus add ons.

"Must have took out". Let's hope that there's a clause somewhere in there for a donation to the South London School for Kids Who Don't Read Good and Want to do Other Stuff Good Too.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
What a waste of money. This is an awful signing. Wheels have well and truly fallen off up the road. Just confirms my thoughts that they are prime for the drop. Isn't it great.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Because one was hilariously unrealistic and the other has embarrassed you on a personal level? Every deal must be structured around what comes out of your mouth :facepalm:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Because one was hilariously unrealistic and the other has embarrassed you on a personal level? Every deal must be structured around what comes out of your mouth :facepalm:

Must be

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here