Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Rotherham United *** Official Match Thread ***

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Not sure why Kayal is being rested, it's only the 3rd league game of the season. We looked less than average when he didn't play last season. Big confidence boost that news for Rotherham.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
That's a good-looking midfield, in the quality of player, and handsomeness stakes! :love:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Better to have injuries and players rested for what looks on paper like a definite home win, rather than cop out against a supposedly stronger ex prem side. At least if it goes belly up we can say we have a strong bench

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
Not sure why Kayal is being rested, it's only the 3rd league game of the season. We looked less than average when he didn't play last season. Big confidence boost that news for Rotherham.

Complete guess, but wouldn't you rather trial a Norwood/Stephens combination against opposition such as Rotherham, with a tried and tested replacement ready on the bench if it all goes wrong... or chuck them in together when you have too because of injury/cards etc.

I would think CH would like to be in a position where he can perm any 2 from 4 and be sure of having a functioning midfield.
He can only be sure of that if the players get game time together in actual matches, (as opposed to training).

Murphy for Skalak looks the strange one for me.
I'd think Skalak would be a more combative choice for what I think this type of match will be.
Perhaps CH has seen a Rotherham weakness which Murphy can best exploit... or perhaps, is is a response to Skalaks red card offence which he got away with against Forest.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Bugger my desktop playing up , so working on iPad. 2-0 to the good guys
Onwards and upwards

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

We didnt have norwood then. The negativity on here stuns me sometimes. Its an 11 man team not a 1 man team

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
As an aside here in the south west corner a chap has just left because of the team news. A direct quote would be if hughtons giving up by dropping kayal im going to give up

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
As an aside here in the south west corner a chap has just left because of the team news. A direct quote would be if hughtons giving up by dropping kayal im going to give up

**** (him, not you)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
As I have just signed up to Seagulls Player, going to listen for the first time tonight.
Q: Does the commentary start from KO, or is there a pre warm up type gab? :)

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

I agree with him. It's far better not to rotate so that by Christmas everyone is knackered and we pick up injuries that will ultimately cost us promotion. Hughton out!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
:lolol:

His loss.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
As I have just signed up to Seagulls Player, going to listen for the first time tonight.
Q: Does the commentary start from KO, or is there a pre warm up type gab? :)
All the pre-match stuff - it's just the BBC Sussex coverage.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

LOL what a C*ck. We bring in a full international fresh from the Euros and someone does that..........

Great that CH can rotate 4 top quality midfielders rather than burn players out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here