Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Rotherham United *** Official Match Thread ***

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I thought he made a number of mistakes in his defensive role which on another day would have been capitalised on by a better attack.

GLad someone else picked up on this, he gave the ball away in dangerous positions 4 or 5 times, just very lucky to not be punished.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As a team we will have very few easier games than tonight as either they were unbelieveably poor or we were very good, I think it was a little of each. We look so much better with GM up front if only last January.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
[QUOTEHow did Norwood play ?/QUOTE]

Pretty well I thought. His corners were good. Kept things simple in the main with good passing ratio. Would have said very well but for blunders near end of game, one of which was a hospital back pass from which Maenpaa got him out of jail (duly acknowledged by Norwood with a thumbs up). Not in class of Kayal or Stephens on this display but give him time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know we all know what Rosenior brings to the team, squad & club, but I just can't help myself and feel the need to point out a little thing.

After Maenpaa's save (note the singular), everyone clapped gestured etc.
Play gets underway.
Then a fair few seconds later Rosenior is standing alone staring at Niki hands over his head applauding him.

It's the little things.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
After Maenpaa's save (note the singular),

Maenpaa made THREE decent saves:

1. Low to his left, from close range. Excellent stop, but lucky the push out fell to Bong
2. The terrific flying to his left one from Vaulks' long ranger
3. Out quickly at Ward's feet, after Norwood's hospital back-pass

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We played more on the left side than we have for a whole season. That means in East Lower we see more of the play close-up than usual.

The Bong outlet is the obvious reason. That and Kayal being very right minded wasn't playing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here