Hughton: We're over heartbreak [Sky Sports News]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]By Gerard Brand[/h]Last Updated: 12/08/16 11:14pm

anthony-knockaert-brighton_3763318.jpg
anthony-knockaert-brighton_3763318.jpg

Chris Hughton insists Brighton are over last season's heartbreak

Chris Hughton says his Brighton players are just as enthusiastic as last season following their 3-0 win over Nottingham Forest on Friday night.
Hughton's Brighton lost out at the play-off semi-final stage last term against Sheffield Wednesday, but have started this Sky Bet Championship campaign with a draw and a win.
They put on a fine showing at the Amex Stadium thanks to Anthony Knockaert's strike and Glenn Murray's double, and despite admitting the league is now tougher, Hughton says his side are over the disappointments of last season.
Nottingham Forest boss Philippe Montanier says his side need to be more clinical

He told Sky Sports: "I hope [we can reproduce last season], we've got a group of lads whose disappointment of missing the play-off final went quickly, because it has to.
"I think they have got over it. They'll be as enthusiastic this season as they were last season. But it's a tougher division.
"I think we've got a little bit more know-how on the decision and how to play the division, but sometimes it comes down to the ability to keep clean sheets.
"I suppose one of the changes from last season is that Knockaert didn't start the season last season, and we saw today the impact he can have on a game, and I think we've probably got more offensive options now."
Highlights from the Amex Stadium as Brighton took on Nottingham Forest in the Sky Bet Championship.

Forest won their opening game of the season 4-3 against Burton, but Philippe Montanier's side failed to take early chances on the south coast, and were made to pay.
"It's a difficult result to take," Montanier said. "We had a lot of opportunities to score, and if you don't it's too difficult. We made a lot of mistakes, and we didn't score with many opportunities.
"It's a good lesson for us, because when you playa against a good team like Brighton you can't make the mistakes like we did."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

More...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here