Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains for Rotherham

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There is free WiFi at the Amex provided by The Cloud. It's generally pretty reliable in my experience, but by no means perfect. It can still get overwhelmed, which pretty much any system trying to cope with 20,000 odd people will.

To be fair, it would still get overwhelmed trying to cope with 20,000 normal people.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
West Coastway travellers very put out by the erratic service at the best of times. I can see fans not renewing their season tickets as this was the final straw after the Fulham debacle last season.

It is very off-putting unless you manage to get used to it. But trains are still better than buses and cycling.

It would not be so bad if it was the same every time (pre-strike) but just when I think I've got it sorted, the next time it doesn't work out.

Very little point in leaving he Amex early as what get's my goat is a train still in the station going west from Brighton and they will not let the fans on (presumably because full) and the following train is always cancelled (pre-strike).

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
With the talks breaking down earlier, I wonder if this will impact on the trains tomorrow ?

I've booked a Pyecombe P&R place.
Better safe than sorry.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Would be nice to have 24 hours notice. SASTA make Sky's short notice jerking around of match arrangements seem almost acceptable by comparison.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am torn between trying to get to Brighton Station for a train to Worthing or to the Old Steine for the 700 bus. Train is quicker but the bus is more likely to run as per the schedule.

PS just read The Argus breaking news and if I am reading it correctly there wil be trains to and from Brighton and Lewes stopping at Falmer every 10 mins between 5pm and 11pm according to Govia, who presumably are Southern parent company.

Last edited:

bpbill

Jul 13, 2011
No, but it's on Southern's Twitter, and it take a little while to come through on the planner. Southern's current statement is trains every 10 minutes between 5pm and 10pm.
That's six trains an hour. Possibly one every 20 minutes going each way, one cancellation equals chaos.

Or one train every ten minutes each way?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
That's six trains an hour. Possibly one every 20 minutes going each way, one cancellation equals chaos.

Or one train every ten minutes each way?

The latter. There will be one train each way every 10 minutes or so. That was the same (pre-match) service provided on Friday.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Sorry for not reading all this but I need to know if trains are running to the game? Not so worried about the return but need to know if getting from Worthing to Falmer is realistic? Thanks guys

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Sorry for not reading all this but I need to know if trains are running to the game? Not so worried about the return but need to know if getting from Worthing to Falmer is realistic? Thanks guys

It's not on the National Rail journey planner yet, but Southern Rails Twitter account says there are trains from Brighton to Falmer at 10 minute intervals, so you should be ok.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Now showing on National Rail. 2234 Falmer to Eastbourne, whether I get it at Falmer or Lewes will do for me.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Looks like 15 trains from Brighton between 5pm and the last one that'll get you there for kickoff. Couple of spots where it's 15/20 minutes between trains, but plenty of capacity overall.

Coming back, there's 4 trains between 9.15 and 9.45, nothing till 10.15 and then 5 trains from 10.15 till 10.45.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
So is it also a shuttle bus from Newhaven to Lewes to get to Falmer ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rail replacement coach every fifteen minutes Seaford/Lewes all day via Newhaven.

Had time on Friday for two beers after the match and caught an Eastbourne train to Lewes about twenty to eleven and the eleven o'clock coach to Seaford arriving back in Seaford at 11:30. No complications.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Looks like 15 trains from Brighton between 5pm and the last one that'll get you there for kickoff. Couple of spots where it's 15/20 minutes between trains, but plenty of capacity overall.

Coming back, there's 4 trains between 9.15 and 9.45, nothing till 10.15 and then 5 trains from 10.15 till 10.45.

That seems incredibly pointless. What use are trains at 21:14 and 21:24? Even the early leavers don't normally leave THAT early. And why a half hour gap between 21:44 and 22:13 ensuring a massive queue and scrum for the 22:13? If that is the final update for tonight, then SASTA really don't seem to have the brains they were born with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here