Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans bias - you have to smile

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This - we said the same last night. Quite happy if we develop just a little nasty streak to be honest.

Bang on. In my 47 years of following the Albion, we have always been a bit powder puff, if I might say so, with a little bit of girliness on occasion, if you don't mind my mentioning it. It would be very pleasing to see the back of that. Apologies for the slight infusion of dialogue from The Shining :lolol:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Bang on. In my 47 years of following the Albion, we have always been a bit powder puff, if I might say so, with a little bit of girliness on occasion, if you don't mind my mentioning it. It would be very pleasing to see the back of that. Apologies for the slight infusion of dialogue from The Shining [emoji38]ol:
We certainly redrumed Forest last night.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
At the Amex last night loads of fans whingeing that the forest players were cheating dirty b-****ds who should have got yellow cards for this that and the other.
Go on to the Forest forum and they are saying exactly the same about our players being dirty cheating b*****ds etc etc.
Isn't it a lovely game of totally biased opinions and who'd be a referee.

By the way ....Forest were cheating dirty b*****ds :)

Same is also true when discussing payroll mistakes!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
They can be discussed without making them. The key is still that you make them but the process finds the mistakes before they go to the cheques or deposits.

Thanks for the advice [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Skalak should have seen a straight red in the first half. It balances out :)

skalak and their full back had a right royal tussle and i for one was happy to see him having a go back....not something you would have got from chocolate legs buckley.....i like skalak...:thumbsup: lansbury and manzini could have easily had additional bookings , the former going through the back of kayal , the latter mildly psychotic for most of the 2nd half......i honestly didn't see anything untoward from any of our players.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Truth is most supporters of clubs outside the big teams in the premiership have a broadly similar outlook/mix of opinions as do the forums (except the obvious one) we would all be saying roughly the same things if our relative positions were reversed.

Absolutely. We all see what we want to when fouls are committed. When watching a match on TV where I have no interest at all in who wins, I am always amazed at how good and fair the ref is.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
skalak and their full back had a right royal tussle and i for one was happy to see him having a go back....not something you would have got from chocolate legs buckley.....i like skalak...:thumbsup: lansbury and manzini could have easily had additional bookings , the former going through the back of kayal , the latter mildly psychotic for most of the 2nd half......i honestly didn't see anything untoward from any of our players.

Skalak pressured his studs down the back leg of his opposite number in one of the incidents. It was a really dumb thing to do. The referee was on the blindside and the linesman didn't catch it. The replay made it pretty clear though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Am I imagining it but did Sidwell seems to be forever by the side of the ref possibly giving him some stick.WA has said for ages we need a player doing that as we are 'too nice'.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Bang on. In my 47 years of following the Albion, we have always been a bit powder puff, if I might say so, with a little bit of girliness on occasion, if you don't mind my mentioning it. It would be very pleasing to see the back of that. Apologies for the slight infusion of dialogue from The Shining :lolol:

I agree except small periods when we weren't powder puff, 1999-2004 springs to mind. But any period when the Albion has had a successful season, we had a few guys that weren't afraid of putting a challenge in.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Skalak pressured his studs down the back leg of his opposite number in one of the incidents. It was a really dumb thing to do. The referee was on the blindside and the linesman didn't catch it. The replay made it pretty clear though.

oh well ...i missed that ....i've got it recorded .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was thinking last night that we seemed to be getting stuck in a bit more than usual. It was good.
This thought seems to be shared by a few here, but it wouldn't be too clever if we'd had a man sent off. We need to stay on the right side of playing tough.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Ref was pretty shit, missed clear fouls from both sides. I didn't think either team were really that nasty, Skalak could have seen red for his challenge but although not as bad, their players also put some bad challenges in.

It's football, people got to man the f*ck up.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought an obvious 2nd yellow was their no 17 who lost it and was chasing around like a mad man which was unfortunate as he was quite a good player early on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here