Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans bias - you have to smile

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
At the Amex last night loads of fans whingeing that the forest players were cheating dirty b-****ds who should have got yellow cards for this that and the other.
Go on to the Forest forum and they are saying exactly the same about our players being dirty cheating b*****ds etc etc.
Isn't it a lovely game of totally biased opinions and who'd be a referee.

By the way ....Forest were cheating dirty b*****ds :)

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Skalak should have seen a straight red in the first half. It balances out :)

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
It's a game of football, challenges are always going to fly in. I'd be more worried about a lack of effort if weren't putting ourselves about, becuse that's how you win the fine margins and therefore win football matches.

But yeah, Forest were cheating dirty b*****ds.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Truth is most supporters of clubs outside the big teams in the premiership have a broadly similar outlook/mix of opinions as do the forums (except the obvious one) we would all be saying roughly the same things if our relative positions were reversed.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
I have to say there was one tackle from behind (Hemed I think?) that even made me wince - he got a yellow for it but my word did he clatter right through the guy.

I suspect we would have been demanding a red for that if made by one of their 'dirty cheating b**tards' instead of ours :lol:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The Championship isn't the league for fannying about, you've got to have a bit of steel otherwise you'll be steamrollered.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I was thinking last night that we seemed to be getting stuck in a bit more than usual. It was good.

Same at Derby we outfought them/wanted it more. We have definitely hit the ground running this season with no discernible hangover from last seasons disappointment.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I have to say there was one tackle from behind (Hemed I think?) that even made me wince - he got a yellow for it but my word did he clatter right through the guy.

I suspect we would have been demanding a red for that if made by one of their 'dirty cheating b**tards' instead of ours :lol:

If it's the tackle as I remember it...not from behind and it was on Lansbury who made such a meal of it....got Hemed carded imho

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I know what you mean, my nephew kept accusing the Forest players of diving.

He is 7 though.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I was thinking last night that we seemed to be getting stuck in a bit more than usual. It was good.

Same at Derby we outfought them/wanted it more. We have definitely hit the ground running this season with no discernible hangover from last seasons disappointment.

A lesson learned from the way Burnley played last season?

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Said to my neighbor that I thought the ref was having a mare after a tackle from 1 of our players! He really didn't seem to have the game under his control. But at least he wasn't partisan.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

This has actually surprised me, but exactly what you would expect a damn good manager to use as motivation.....

I see a Sussex moon rising....

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Both teams put in some rather robust challenges and the ref should have given a couple of yellows earlier to try and call it down. I would say that we were slightly dirtier up until about 20 mins from the end when they started kicking out a bit.

Also - really disappointed in Lansbury. When he was at Arsenal as a youngster he could have gone on to big things but is just a petulant annoyance that is often overly rash. Big shame if you ask me as he is a decent player just very unlikeable

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here