Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catering

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Didint Bother in the WSU the concourse queuing blocked the whole walkway the only advantage was no queuing in the toilets at halftime. I also notice a couple of the extra bars by the window had gone.
It might have been caused by the travel problems and more surporters may not have been drinking as they were driving who knows however I still love our stadium and a great result.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Sad to see the demise of the Pie 'n' Pint deal. That's all I want: A pie. And a pint. And a bit of a deal. Don't want a bloody bar of chocolate or a packet of crisps.

I dont think it has demised.
It is not shown on all the fancy fascias with all the deal prices on, but i had a pie and a pint and was expecting to pay £8 something, operative said £8 and the till showed £7-50, same as last year.
I was well chuffed, until he forgot to give me any change from a £10er. So maybe it still exists.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Catering's generally fine in the North Stand, seems to be just about the only area of the ground where the catering can cope with the numbers.

Including selling lager that someone else has sipped?

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
WSL was no better - I'd read there was going to be more choice this year but did t see any evidence of it - the beer table at the back of the concourse has gone meaning bigger queues at the kiosks. Went to the pie and pint window to get a Heineken and a Harvey's but they had no Harvey's????
Then when we went for food I asked the girl what the chicken option was in the boxes but she did not know what I was talking about even tho it was in the warming area right behind her and I was pointing to it (didn't help that her English was almost non-existent). When a supervisor came over I asked what the chicken consisted of and she just said "chicken"! - I said what does it come with and got a "dunno"!
So I ordered 2 pints 2 pies and 2 snickers and got charged over £20 when it should have been 3 items for £9 - shambolic and quite frankly disgraceful service. At that point I just gave up and paid as I felt so sorry for the masses behind me as it had taken an age just to get any sort of service

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I dont think it has demised.
It is not shown on all the fancy fascias with all the deal prices on, but i had a pie and a pint and was expecting to pay £8 something, operative said £8 and the till showed £7-50, same as last year.
I was well chuffed, until he forgot to give me any change from a £10er. So maybe it still exists.

Ah, right, cheers, with a bit of luck maybe they haven't got round to updating the tills to either remove the deal or update the prices. Hoorah! :clap:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sounds to me like the club are trying to roll out the 1901 experience to the WSU, the North Stand and elsewhere around the ground.
No, it's always terrible every August in WSU. It picks up after the first international break. That is the law according to Sodexo.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Ah, right, cheers, with a bit of luck maybe they haven't got round to updating the tills to either remove the deal or update the prices. Hoorah! :clap:

But the downside was a second visit.A mate came in late and i was in the queue for a 2nd pint so he wanted a pie and pint.
Asked for a pie and pint deal and a single pint, but the deal wasnt done, £12-50 so bit my tongue cos of a massive queue behind.
Not sure if its the till or the operatives.....although the pie was brilliant,.......still a shitty catering experience.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The food and pint offer was £8 and only early-bird from 6:15 to 6:45 according to the Forest Pre Match brief.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Asked for a Tango, got a pint of tap water. Nothing hot after a long journey. And apparently i was in a cash only queue but there was no indicator that i could see. Shambles

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
And why only one little Harveys stall and one catering outlet outside, I'm sure it has something to do with planning but the queues were so big you wonder why they bother.

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
East upper sold out of hot dogs half hour before ko, and not much other hot food.....and no signs showing cash or card tills anymore....disappointing....shambles!

D

Deleted User X18H

Asked for a Tango, got a pint of tap water. Nothing hot after a long journey. And apparently i was in a cash only queue but there was no indicator that i could see. Shambles

Did you ask for a Waldorf Salad?

D

Deleted User X18H

I had some meat and it was all gristle.

And when I complained they just argued with me.

D

Deleted User X18H

You people ponce into the Amex expecting to be waited on hand and foot!

Well they're trying to run a football club there.

Do you ever think about that ? No,you're too busy poking about in every corner looking for things to complain about.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I decided to time how long it took them to serve me my order of 2 fosters and 1 Harvey's at WSU centre kiosk. From the person in front of me walking away with their beers to me doing the same was 4 mins 50 seconds. Shambles.

At least 3 of those mins was spent watching my server join a queue of other servers for pints of Fosters that were being poured by one guy whilst being watched by two supervisors. He then had to return to another queue to get the Harvey's.

A simple order of three beers should be done and dusted in less than a minute. 30 seconds should be easily achievable.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
5 years and nothing changes, sounds like acomplete shower of shite after reading the comments on this thread, and I sympathise with fans that just wanted something simple like a pint.
Do they still employ staff that can't speak or understand English? There should be large stickers on the counters with photos of what's for sale, fans can just point a photo of a pint to order.

I spent nothing on food & drink again at the stadium, learnt my lesson ages ago.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
WSL was ok before the game, lager was cold and nice (butter chicken) pie was hot. Not much of a hope of getting served at half time without missing some of the game though.

You people ponce into the Amex expecting to be waited on hand and foot!

Well they're trying to run a football club there.

Do you ever think about that ? No,you're too busy poking about in every corner looking for things to complain about.

Not so. We turn up at a venue that is plastered with boards advertising a huge number of catering deals. And it turns out that many of these deals aren't available as advertised.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here