Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vahid Hambo - injured again?

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Should these Devolpment Squad signings only get a 1 year deal so either gives them motivation/incentive to progress or we can bin them off earlier if not progressing quick enough to our liking ?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Should these Devolpment Squad signings only get a 1 year deal so either gives them motivation/incentive to progress or we can bin them off earlier if not progressing quick enough to our liking ?

You do realise alot of these players who are just kids earning little money right? Why should we treat them with such distespect?

Why would only give a young player a year to prove themself, thank god you dont have anything to do with the future of football.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
You do realise alot of these players who are just kids earning little money right? Why should we treat them with such distespect?

Why would only give a young player a year to prove themself, thank god you dont have anything to do with the future of football.
No shit Sherlock. Because the coaches should be able to tell by the end of the season if they are worth giving another year or more and the player can find another option if progress being stifled. A two year or more deal lets them rest on their laurels as such.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
No shit Sherlock. Because the coaches should be able to tell by the end of the season if they are worth giving another year or more and the player can find another option if progress being stifled. A two year or more deal lets them rest on their laurels as such.

Young players grow and develop at different rates a year is not always long enough, players would have been watched and the options weighed up before offering contracts, to blindly offer 1 yesr deals to all DS players is ill thought and foolish idea.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
So do like QPR did in 97/98 and give some of their promising youngsters 5 year contracts and were then stuck with having to find loan clubs for the likes of Michael Mahoney-Johnson?
I will stick to my opinion that signings for Development Squad Not U18's should get a year/season with further option at club's discretion. By March/April the club will have an idea whether a player has something about him enough as to offer another year or release for best of both parties but that's just my opinion.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Part of being a family club is looking after the young players. If we had a reputation for binning young players if they weren't an instant success it would not reflect well on the club. Many young players never make the grade but you never know until they are given a chance. How excited were we when Harper signed but it didn't work out and Hambo was never fit which is unfortunate for him but no great loss for he club. Hope he gets fit and progresses.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
So do like QPR did in 97/98 and give some of their promising youngsters 5 year contracts and were then stuck with having to find loan clubs for the likes of Michael Mahoney-Johnson?
I will stick to my opinion that signings for Development Squad Not U18's should get a year/season with further option at club's discretion. By March/April the club will have an idea whether a player has something about him enough as to offer another year or release for best of both parties but that's just my opinion.

No one has offered 5 years! Talk about using an out of date argument as well. That was over twenty years ago. Providing a future and a solid grounding for a player for 2 years isnt going to be the end of the world for the club.

However signing a first teamer like CoG or Kemi was a royal **** up.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade

And how many young players would chose to come to a club which cared so little for youth football and treated players like cogs in a machine.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And how many young players would chose to come to a club which cared so little for youth football and treated players like cogs in a machine.

Plenty - if the club was called 'Chelsea', apparently.

Nah, I think we do things the right way, and I hope it continues.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I'm not talking about U18/youth signings, nor youngsters being expected to be another Gazza/Rooney within a month.

I mean players 18-21 years of age released by other clubs and taken on by us into the DS who have then been here 2-2 and half years with no sign of breaking into 1st team Squad, e.g. Kasim, Rodgers, Starkey etc.. yet the two from Reading who we brought in earlier this year will get decisions on their futures this week probably, so how can they be assessed in 6 months yet others it takes 24-30 months?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Like Harper, the Hambo transfer was greeted with a bit of a fanfare by the club. I don't think they should do that again for U23 players - we don't need an email and pics - leave that for the 1st team signings.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I think if your youth set-up guys are sharp enough they can extend a 1 year contract to 2 years if they feel the player needs more time, and is worth keeping... I agree with the 12 Month deals. Fighting for a new deal will provide motivation to those that need it - and the ones that are already motivated will get an extension anyway.

That way, you get rid of genuine dead wood early and even make more money spare to reward the cream of the crop.

Logical, rather than sentimental?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Seems the coaches didn't think he was suitable.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

That's exactly what the club has done today. 5 of the U23s have been given a one year contract, and 5 have been released.

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/brighton-hove-albion-under-23s-3712203.aspx

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Just seen this Finnish article about Hambo which came out 5 days ago. Sounds like he was close to having to quit the game - Otsikoista kadonnut Veikkausliigan tähtihyökkääjä palasi ennusteita uhmaten kentälle – välillä polvessa oli pelkkää murskaa

Google translation:-

Loss of headlines Veikkausliiga Star Destroyer returned to predicting forecasts - in the knees there was only a crush
Hambo hurt his ankle in June 2015 in the KTP match, and there was a continuing trap of injury that eventually threatened to end his career.

Two years ago Vahid Hambo, 22, was a breakthrough player at Veikkausliiga. In the full story, he would have gone to the English Championship to score goals and would now knock the gates of the national team.

His story, however, is anything but perfect. He drove into the trap, disappeared from the headlines and his career was near to end.

In 2015, Hambo made five league goals in five games in the spring, two in the Finnish Cup with four goals, and six in five games at the beginning of the Veikkausliiga season. Nothing seemed to stop the long-haired HJK farmer who had returned from Italy to the Sampdoria junior team in Finland.

However, one game moved all the happiness to an endless misfortune. Hambo hurt his ankle in June 2015 in the KTP match, and there was a continuing trap of injury that eventually threatened to end his career.

He did not yet know when his agent called in June and said that England's Brighton & Hove Albion was interested in him. Hambo was hurt by a deal with Brighton.

"Things happened quickly. In Brighton, they looked at my ankles and said that recovery would take four to six weeks, "Hambo told last week in Helsinki.

The forecast fell badly. According to Hope, the doctors in Brighton said that the ankle should not have been put on gypsum in Finland, but with ankle support.

He had previously had kneepads, but he focused on an ankle after injury - maybe too.

"The muscles around the knee were not strong enough."

In November 2015, he played against West Ham in the last 15 minutes of the match for under 21-year-olds. The knee began to feel sick.

"In the shootings they said that the knee wound is broken again," Hambo said.

The same knee wound was cut once in Italy. In December 2015, he had to come to the surgery table. The surgeon took a heaped piece away and the season was over.

In the spring of 2016, he was able to play in four series games. At the beginning of June, he made two goals against the Faeroeans in the EM qualification match for under 21, and everything looked good again.

Until the next training session. He made goals in training games and came to the last in the previous training game before the start of the season from exchange to Reading. The next day, the leg did not work on the exercises, and during the next day's training session, the leg fell under running.

He now thinks that he should have taken more peacefully during the training period after two knee injuries.

"The knee was a skull. There was virtually nothing left of the keeruk, "Hambo said of his third knee injury.

Last fall was the worst debate in his career.

"I went to the room with a club doctor, a coach and three physiotherapists. They were hell serious. I told them to tell if I can not play anymore. "

According to Hope, he was supposed to have a corrective surgery, which would have been one to one and a half years of rehabilitation. After all, there is no doubt about the continuation of the game.

"It felt they knew how serious it was, but nobody dared say it," Hambo said.

He started to think about what he would do after a soccer ball.

"I wondered if this was here. I also felt pain in the stairs. My agent Teemu Turunen and parents encouraged me. "

Hambon happily contacted the doctor Harri Hakkarainen.

Hambo came to Finland on January 2017 and went on a knee-footing with Hakkarainen.

"He said that the foot can not be cut, but it could be rehabilitated. The knee is just a crush, which could be put aside, "Hambo told reporters.

"Hakkarainen ordered me four times a week to rehabilitate the knee with her, and then in the evening to do her own rehabilitation program. It was a two-month program. After two weeks I could already jog. "

This spring he went back to Brighton in April and was astonished at the club's coaching team. He was able to run again.

Throughout the rest he rehabilitated himself with physiotherapists.

"I knew they would not continue with me, which was understandable. I was there for two years and played three official matches, "Hambo said.

Hakkarainen gave Hope a rehabilitation program that he needs to do every day as long as he wants to play.

Now he believes he can continue his career as a football player. He has been in fitness in Vaasa Palloseura and Ilves in May, and this week he is practicing with the Kuopio Palloseura.

"Two knees can be bad luck, the third time there is no bad luck. You should have gone to a person like Hakkarainen earlier and find out what to do.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Such a shame

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here