Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have given up trying to get good or drink in 1901

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Is 1901 a truly 'premium' experience, and if not, would members be prepared to pay more for a better service? How are our prices/services compared to our competitors?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Is 1901 a truly 'premium' experience, and if not, would members be prepared to pay more for a better service? How are our prices/services compared to our competitors?

Can't comment for others, but for me it is just a very expensive season ticket for a better view. But suspect it is not much better a view than the back of the East or West Lower or front of the West or East Upper.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
removal of friendlies and European games

This is my biggest issue. I was sold my license on the basis I could have my seat for all first-team games for life. The club then rowed back on this at the first opportunity. Revisiting the original documentation the renewal offer can possibly be interpreted differently.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Nope just a great seat to view the game and the use of seats and tables in the bar area. That is now it as far as I am concerned. It is very expensive compared to the rest of the ground and I am not convinced that it is worth the big price hike. Not a complaint as I have renewed but it is not what was originally sold to me, that is certain. If sitting with the people I do was not a consideration I probably wouldn't have renewed though.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Nope just a great seat to view the game and the use of seats and tables in the bar area. That is now it as far as I am concerned. It is very expensive compared to the rest of the ground and I am not convinced that it is worth the big price hike. Not a complaint as I have renewed but it is not what was originally sold to me, that is certain. If sitting with the people I do was not a consideration I probably wouldn't have renewed though.

If you could have easily, with your friends, moved to another part of the ground, back of West/East Lower front of West/East Upper would you have done?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Cooked too long before it ends up being sold and being kept warm for ages is my guess. I've had a few with teeth breaker crusts myself.

Food can be kept in a hot hold for 90 minutes before being discarded. So correct in your assumption.

1901Phil

Feb 1, 2012
Tunbridge Wells
I enjoyed my 1901 membership over the first five years so had no hesitation in renewing. Not sure about the club's marketing and PR expertise. Still their incompetence allows certain nsc contributors to express righteous indignation (again).
My minor irritation over losing my free half time cuppa and sending me a new lanyard and card with no way of joining them togethern is greatly outweighed by the gratitude to Tony for the vast sums he has put into the club

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If you could have easily, with your friends, moved to another part of the ground, back of West/East Lower front of West/East Upper would you have done?

No I am a liar, I always intended to renew :smile: I like my seat so much because of it's location and the fact that I never have to stand up to let anyone past. My seats are without doubt the best I have sat in at any stadium and the view is magnificent. The coffee was shit anyway, so I'll just take a flask of proper coffee and I am quite happy to give friendlies a miss. So apart from a bit of a gripe Barber has me sussed....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here