Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have given up trying to get good or drink in 1901

Argartu

Jun 5, 2014
It's improved slightly over last seasons shambles imo. Took ten minutes of queuing to be served and then I was only given the wrong drink once.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Due to my work situation over the last 4 months, I have laid off the booze to save money for bills etc.
I am no happier with the work situation, but have gone from 86.5kg to 77.6kg in that time, that's a 20 pound loss in old money.
One bonus I suppose.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
No real moans about WSL, delightful and smiley young lady vic.gif served our (albeit pre-poured) ales without issue.

Mate stated his cider was too warm but she DID have a nice smile.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
On a side issue, my crisps were warm from the WSL last night.
And I mean WARM, not room temp

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
1901 members do seem to be a needy bunch don't they?

You could look at it another way. Paying up to £1600 a year for a ticket they may ( probably unreasonably in your view?) expect some sort of customer service and no sneakiness in removing perks AFTER they have recently renewed for 5 years? Just a thought.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I had a pie last night, first time in ages. Why is the crust so hard? best pies in the land, no chance!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
You could look at it another way. Paying up to £1600 a year for a ticket they may ( probably unreasonably in your view?) expect some sort of customer service and no sneakiness in removing perks AFTER they have recently renewed for 5 years? Just a thought.

Agree. In fact I witnessed a very public spat between who I assumed was a disgruntled 1901'r and Paul Rogers in front of the ticket office before the game last night, over 'something that had been taken away and no longer applied', whatever that meant.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I had a pie last night, first time in ages. Why is the crust so hard? best pies in the land, no chance!

Cooked too long before it ends up being sold and being kept warm for ages is my guess. I've had a few with teeth breaker crusts myself.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Agree. In fact I witnessed a very public spat between who I assumed was a disgruntled 1901'r and Paul Rogers in front of the ticket office before the game last night, over 'something that had been taken away and no longer applied', whatever that meant.

Really ? Obviously we don't know the full story but for someone to act in such a way to a club employee, particularly a former playing great, seems wildly inappropriate. Perhaps some people need to take a deep breath and show some patience.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
They only had veggie pies left in the Overprice half an hour before kick off. Not good at any time but very annoying at evening games if you haven't had a chance to eat. Bar staff so inept as to be comical.

Failed to notice any of the much heralded improvements but perhaps that was in other lounges.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Really ? Obviously we don't know the full story but for someone to act in such a way to a club employee, particularly a former playing great, seems wildly inappropriate. Perhaps some people need to take a deep breath and show some patience.

Perhaps ex players don't make the best PR men and being good at PR is exactly what they should be if they are working in 1901. I have no idea if Paul Rogers is but I have often seen him in 1901 and he seems to choose to keep a very low profile :shrug:

Or are you saying that as an ex playing legend he shouldn't, have to deal with pissed off punters? What should be be doing then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here