Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tea/coffee and late 1901 ticket - Paul Barber reply and then another Paul Barber reply

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Tony losing £1.5m a month blah blah blah...
The same Tony who was happy to pay £8m for Pritchard.
Tony does not seem to be worried about that loss.

The club increase season tickets at minimal amounts but then take away benefits which supporters consider as fringe benefits.
Next PB will inform us that our cushioned seats are not part of our season ticket and we need to pay an additional cost to stop them being replaced by a plastic one...
PB salary is based on club income,profit he can produce so its enables him to meet his targets,bonus...
Club is penny pinching by reducing benefits that are

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
When Barbour is forced to fall on his sword you lot will be wishing we had him on board. Tea and coffee... Unbelievable

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

The club increase season tickets at minimal amounts but then take away benefits which supporters consider as fringe benefits.
Next PB will inform us that our cushioned seats are not part of our season ticket and we need to pay an additional cost to stop them being replaced by a plastic one...
PB salary is based on club income,profit he can produce so its enables him to meet his targets,bonus...
Club is penny pinching by reducing benefits that are
18 million loss a year is not blah blah blah.

It's a generous gift, unappreciated by a few it seems.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
As has been mentioned already in earlier posts, the free Tea/Coffee removal isn't the thrust of this issue, it's the sneaky way it was done and then posted in a press release after the club got all the 1901club 5-year renewals signed and sealed. We all realise the club is losing money until they can get promotion to the promised land, but don't start taking the fan's for mugs, and that's wherever they sit in the stadium.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005

iii

Maybe because he thinks signing decent players is more important than a few cups of tea. Take a flask, stop moaning and enjoy the best football we've seen in years

Jan 30, 2008
Despite not generally having much sympathy for the 1901'ers, have to side with their gripe here. For the money they're paying, you'd expect a couple of quibble-free extra nice touches. Everybody knows how much it costs to boil up a bit of water. And how much a catering pack of tea or coffee costs. Two bob club is the perception. Quite pitiful really.

more tea vicar ???
regards
DR

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Maybe because he thinks signing decent players is more important than a few cups of tea. Take a flask, stop moaning and enjoy the best football we've seen in years

I'd love to go - tomorrow actually - not only no tea - no tickets either. Seems shambolic organisation to me for truly exorbitant cost. Poor poor service from the club trying to blame everyone else.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
I'd better not send Paul Barber a message telling him about the money that drained away from my bank account for all the travelling I did to Gillingham and back to support the club I love or he'll send me a message about the club losing £1.5m a month....oh :facepalm:

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011

Not 1901 so no loss to me.
Seven Stars...1901...all penny pinching.
I pay for my season and spend nothing else due to the cost.

If Tony was not happy with the current levels of debt he would have done something about it (PB off).
Just not buying the line that every penny pinching decision is because Tony is losing blah blah.
As usual we will sell an asset (Dale) to cut the loss to £10m.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
If Tony was not happy with the current levels of debt he would have done something about it (PB off)

Surely he is, these cost cutting measures are designed to do reduce debt.

Just not buying the line that every penny pinching decision is because Tony is losing blah blah.

So what other reason might there be for these "penny pinching" measures?

Which part of losing £18 million pounds a year being an unsustainable business model are you struggling to understand?

Jan 30, 2008
Surely he is, these cost cutting measures are designed to do reduce debt.

So what other reason might there be for these penny pinching measures?

Which part of losing £18 million pounds a year are you struggling to understand?

NEED MORE BUMS ON SEATS, THAT MIGHT HELP ???
regards
DR

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I'm surprised he hasn't cashed in and offered a 1901 thermos flask at good value for £19.99 plus engraving.

Two birds one stone?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here