Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Bloom restaurant...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Surely it was always possible to buy a dining package as a one off? 1901 member, or not.

You may be right but I imagine there are far more available now, just a guess mind you.

I wonder if you can just buy for two as I thought you had to take a full table before?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I wonder if you can just buy for two as I thought you had to take a full table before?

If you look at the picture there are various tables for 2 already set up, and the rectangular tables they have are such that they can be joined/separated as required.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Rough tot-up...

• Three-course meal, with tea and coffee = £35.00 (rough equivalent - depending on where you go in town)

• Inclusive bar including house wine, beer and soft drinks* = £30.00

• Post-match refreshments and snacks = £7.50

• Complimentary matchday programme = £3.50

• Car parking space (one per four places) = £3.75 (£15.00 / 4)

About £80.00 a head. Food quality is subjective, but that complimentary bar (£30.00 is a conservative estimate) could tip the balance quite nicely...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
You may be right but I imagine there are far more available now, just a guess mind you.

I was lucky enough to sample hospitality quite frequently during our Withdean years, and several times, my friend and I, rather than being seated together at a table for two, were assigned to larger tables of six or eight people. So I'm assuming the same thing is possible at the Amex.

A good way to meet fellow fans, in a really convivial atmosphere I think.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Where in the ground is this? I guess it's one of the smaller lounges either side of the Overline, or underneath on the BUPA?

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
About £80.00 a head. Food quality is subjective, but that complimentary bar (£30.00 is a conservative estimate) could tip the balance quite nicely...[/QUOTE]

In line with 1901 policy you get an email after you have paid informing you there is a limit on said complimentary bar.

Jul 7, 2003
Where in the ground is this? I guess it's one of the smaller lounges either side of the Overline, or underneath on the BUPA?

It is the old Harry Bloom lounge - towards the South end of the ground

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
It's the Harry Bloom Lounge that is near the South West corner and it's in line with the goal at that end. It's a nice view onto the pitch from the windows if you're seated by them. I should know as it was my 1901 lounge for 5 years until we got turfed out of there to make room for the new restuarant.

We originally half-shared it for the first two and a half years with the players' wives, girlfriends and family members (they occupied the half with no pitch view). At one stage it was rumoured Gus wanted to turf us all out so that they had the complete lounge as no players' lounge had been allocated by the club in the new stadium. We (nearly 150 of us) have now been relocated into other 1901 lounges which we could request (if they had the capacity to fit us in). So on top of the no free tea/coffee, no delivery of our new membership cards etc. we have had this added inconvenience to our 1901 experience.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
I have done this package in the Overline lounge and it was excellent. The food was high quality and the service was quick and friendly. The match seats were mid tier but way down the south end, still a good view though.
It was a cold old day and it was nice to have a warm room to go to and to have the half time and full time beers served up. on your table ready for you as you walk in. I would love to go back especially if I can get someone else to pay for it again,

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here