Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glen Murray - The fans

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well lets face it, it is , a lot of fans ''came back'' or ''found albion'' as soon as there was a decent stadium and money for players on offer.

Withdean? Pfui! Priestfield. Now those were hard core days. Those of us who went 'week in and week out' are positively constipated with hard coreness. I'm so hard core I need a laxative just so I can squeeze out a fart :wink:

(actually Priestfield is only 20 minutes drive from where I live, unlike the Amex which is 80 minutes away, but there is nothing more satisfying than making a pleasure seem like an inconvenience :lolol:)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Withdean? Pfui! Priestfield. Now those were hard core days. Those of us who went 'week in and week out' are positively constipated with hard coreness. I'm so hard core I need a laxative just so I can squeeze out a fart :wink:

(actually Priestfield is only 20 minutes drive from where I live, unlike the Amex which is 80 minutes away, but there is nothing more satisfying than making a pleasure seem like an inconvenience :lolol:)

Had journeys from hove to falmer that have taken longer than the drive to Gillingham???

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
And to think some of you muppets didn't want him...

Glenn is a wonderful player at Championship level. He'll probably never break 30 goals again, but he's still good for 20 if you can supply him even half as well as Yannick and Wilf did.

:lol: Dillusional. I think it's already been pointed out that your lot weren't impressed after his first full season with you. Football geniuses.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I think you're right to believe Glenn will get over 20 goals, but as you say, 30 is probably out of reach. One of the issues we have is that Skalak & Knockaert don't go down in the box. I can't see how we're going to provide Glenn with the 10+ penalties he had with you lot in his 30 goal season although he will get a better service from our aforementioned wingers than he got from Bolasie & Zaha who you are better off comparing with Laugher & Mears.

Excellent.

I do like a post that combines an element of comedy with pure truth.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
There was someone behind me who kept moaning about Murray and at one point in the first half said it was the first time he'd won the ball in the air, when he'd already won quite a lot against their centre backs. Other than that, I didn't hear any moans. Everyone seemed to be getting behind the team.

Perhaps it was this bloke from last night who I am assuming did not celebrate either of his goals!!

ae943162a2668ec6c445c8e4245a20b3.png

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
How was Murray a good servant? He spent the whole time he was with us banging on about being homesick and wanting to go back north, before running down his contract and going on a free, to palace.

He scored goals but he wasn't a good servant

Really, what from 2007 until 2011??

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
And to think some of you muppets didn't want him...

Glenn is a wonderful player at Championship level. He'll probably never break 30 goals again, but he's still good for 20 if you can supply him even half as well as Yannick and Wilf did.

One or two muppets thank you :moo:

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Perhaps it was this bloke from last night who I am assuming did not celebrate either of his goals!!

ae943162a2668ec6c445c8e4245a20b3.png

Sounds like the bloke who sits next to me!?

Don't worry, he moans at everything and never celebrates anything. Beats me why people like that come to football.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
****SPELLING POLICE WANKER ALERT****

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Well 16 people thought to give it a thumbs up - and it's a bit different when it's a name mis-spelling - has somebody got a second account :lol: Random attack... Oh and you're a **** :thumbsup:

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Well 16 people thought to give it a thumbs up - and it's a bit different when it's a name mis-spelling - has somebody got a second account [emoji38] Random attack... Oh and you're a **** [emoji106]
Haha, very good mate 😆

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I think I've resigned myself to the fact I'll never warm to Murray. Even before he left us to sign for Palace, he always left me cold.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think I've resigned myself to the fact I'll never warm to Murray. Even before he left us to sign for Palace, he always left me cold.

Strange how fans of the same club can see things so differently. One of my all time favourite Albion players :shrug:

Got to love following football and I know that you are not alone amongst the Albion fanbase.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here