Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glen Murray - The fans

albionite

May 20, 2009
Never heard a bad word said about Murray at Derby. Ok no one sang his name but he will have to earn that in coming weeks/months.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Never heard a bad word said about Murray at Derby. Ok no one sang his name but he will have to earn that in coming weeks/months.

There was someone behind me who kept moaning about Murray and at one point in the first half said it was the first time he'd won the ball in the air, when he'd already won quite a lot against their centre backs. Other than that, I didn't hear any moans. Everyone seemed to be getting behind the team.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
If it happened. To be honest the OP does look a bit 'look at me', especially when other posters who were at Derby didn't hear anything.
Yep, 3 posts, the bloke obviously cant keep out of the limelight :facepalm:

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
So after fawning over Murray for years wanting to bring him back, some are now slagging him off after one game?
Rightoh. Wait until he scores a couple.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd like to point out that there were plenty of Murray detractors when we were at Withdean. One of them is a well known NSC poster who coined the One in Ten Glenn phrase.

He divides opinion because of his languid style IMO.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'd like to point out that there were plenty of Murray detractors when we were at Withdean. One of them is a well known NSC poster who coined the One in Ten Glenn phrase.

Indeed. In fact wasn't Murray often referred to as 'FFS Murray'? A lazy player who was always offside apparently. And then once he didn't clap the fans ..... disgraceful! I'm sure those people have simply carried on where they left off. Everyone else will support him regardless all the while he's wearing the half-stripes.

You wait until we re-sign Ashley Barnes ...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

His persona, the fact he doesn't give us dribbling fans a thank you clap. That is what offends people. I'd rather he was banging 20 a season than happy clapping.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I was one of the goldstone, priestfield and withdean regulars but I don't feel any extra privilege to be able to judge players. Some people seem to have a bizarre and misplaced sense of self importance on here. We are all fans of the same great club, get over yourself.
As for Murray, don't care for him as a player or a person, all I care about are the goals he'll hopefully score.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Indeed. In fact wasn't Murray often referred to as 'FFS Murray'? A lazy player who was always offside apparently. And then once he didn't clap the fans ..... disgraceful! I'm sure those people have simply carried on where they left off. Everyone else will support him regardless all the while he's wearing the half-stripes.

Not at Withdean. That phrase came about in October 2011, when he scored for Palace at the Amex.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

He was FFS Murray when he went to Palarse.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
He signed my son's 2010-2011 Withdean Stadium shirt at the Young Seagulls open training day, and recognised it as the last shirt he wore "wow I haven't seen this shirt in a long time" he said. "it was the last shirt I wore, before this one." then he smiled signed the shirt, and moved on. Class act.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I was one of the goldstone, priestfield and withdean regulars but I don't feel any extra privilege to be able to judge players. Some people seem to have a bizarre and misplaced sense of self importance on here. We are all fans of the same great club, get over yourself.
As for Murray, don't care for him as a player or a person, all I care about are the goals he'll hopefully score.

I bow down to you, someone that isn't precious about where we have played. I was a Goldstone reg, I am an Amex reg, I didn't do the bits in between. I got into non league footy and (literally) ran two clubs. I don't think people need to use a badge of honour.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

I am pretty sure he became FFS Murray when he was at Palace but it wasn't imagined up by any of us.

My memory was that on here some one posted a linked to some you tube kid that was commentating on the game Palace were playing, they went to penalties and Glenn missed one and he went 'Oh For **** Sake Murray' which then led to the nickname on here and :ffsparr: ??

Now having seen the above maybe that was Parr and I always imagined it was Glenn?!

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

Great Post.

I only knew Withdean, didn't go to football until I was 13 by which point that was home. I was a season ticket holder there but over the years I have been less and less as I had a kid and my wife was made redundant. Now my boy is 6 we go to games more regularly, but, me having held a season ticket many years ago gives me no greater insight into our current squad than anyone else, especially if they go week in week out now!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here