Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton: Goals will flow for front two [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Chris Hughton believes the goals will flow for his new pairing in attack – despite an opening day blank for Albion today.
The Seagulls boss was encouraged but also a little frustrated by a 0-0 draw at Derby.
He paired Glenn Murray and Tomer Hemed in attack and both went close to giving their side the perfect start to the season.
Hughton said: “If I look at the system we played, with Tomer and Glenn up top, I think there is a bit to work with up there.
“They are two players who are used to scoring goals and it is about getting them on the goal trail.
“There is a little bit of frustration but I can’t have too many complaints because we needed David Stockdale to make a couple of good saves for us as well.”

Albion kept the Rams, whose attack was led by Darren Bent, quiet for long periods once they had negotiated a testing start.
5350753.jpg

Hughton, pictured above with his Derby counterpart Nigel Pearson,*gave high marks to stop-gap centre-back Bruno and his sidekick Lewis Dunk.
He added: “I thought he (Bruno) was excellent and I think that is what you can get with Bruno.
“He is an experienced campaigner. We all know his best position is at right-back but he is able to do that (play in the middle) because of the experience he has.
“I thought he and Lewis Dunk were excellent.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here