Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rosenior: Treat every game like a decider [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
yH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAIBRAA7
Liam Rosenior looks distraught after last season's play-off defeat

/ Andy Naylor, Chief sports reporter

Liam Rosenior*has urged Albion to treat every game like a decider to avoid more promotion heartache.
The Seagulls receive an instant reminder of the fine margins in the Championship in today’s opener at Derby County.
The Rams held them to a 1-1 draw at the Amex in the last home game last season.
The same result at Middlesbrough five days later secured promotion for Boro over the Seagulls by two goals.
Right-back Rosenior said: “That’s the margin of error and I think that’s a really important message for us. Every game is equally important.
“I remember us missing chances in the last minute at Cardiff, conceding goals in the last minute, and if one of those had gone our way, I’d be sitting here talking about a Premier League season.
“That is the beauty of the Championship. The margins are so small and every game has to be seen as very important.”

Rosenior has warned Albion will also have to cope with the pressure of being regarded by their rivals as a major scalp after last season’s exploits.“I think that naturally comes with the territory,” he said. “When you gain 89 points, in any other season that’s a promotion season.
“Other teams will have a different attitude towards us this year and we need to deal with that expectation and pressure.
“When you do well you have to take everything that comes with it. You take the plaudits, you take the praise, but you also have to take that expectation because people know you’re a good team.
“It might be a different kind of environment this year and one that we have to be ready for.”

[h=4]Promoted stories[/h]

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here