Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
rosenior-pre-derby-l229-3226022_613x460.jpg

Liam Rosenior
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 6th August 2016
by Kieran Cleeves
Liam Rosenior looks ahead to today's match with Derby.
We have to keep improving as individuals and collectively, which will hopefully be enough to see us to where we want to be."
Liam Rosenior
Liam Rosenior is relishing today’s Sky Bet Championship season opener at Derby County this afternoon, and believes that last season’s disappointment can serve as extra motivation to achieve success.

The 32-year-old admitted that missing out on promotion last season was hard to take, but is adamant they can reach the Premier League this time around.He said, “It’s come around so quickly [the new season], which I think is a really good thing. This time last year, I remember sitting here saying what I wanted to achieve at the club and we ended up coming so close.
“Obviously it hurt, the way it ended last year, but it’s given us that opportunity to go again and realise we do have the potential. If we work hard enough together, we can achieve it this year.”
“We have to keep improving as individuals and collectively, which will hopefully be enough to see us to where we want to be.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

Albion missed out on automatic promotion last season due to goal difference and Rosenior says he is comfortable with the added scrutiny that comes with increased expectations.“That naturally comes with the territory; when you gain 89 points in any other season, that’s generally a promotion-winning season.
“I think other teams will have a different attitude towards us this year and we need to deal with that expectation and pressure.
“When you do well, you have to take everything that comes with it. You take the plaudits and the praise, but you also have to deal with the expectation because people know you’re a good team.
“It might be a different kind of environment this year and one that we have to be ready for.
The defender is also pleased to see Albion holding onto their key players and believes that Saturday’s trip to the iPro Stadium is the perfect start for the Seagulls.
“We’ve got a lot of good players here, not just in the first eleven but in the entire squad. I know that we’re trying to add to that, because if you stand still in anything, people will always overtake you.
“Every game is a cup final and I think Derby is a great start for us, because we’re playing one of the other top teams in this league with a very good manager.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here