Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Games of the XXXI Olympiad

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
People would bite gold to check it's real (softer than many other metals). Looks a bit naff when an Olympian does it IMO. The medals aren't real gold anyway (silver, coated in gold apparently).

Anyway...

Brownlees :bowdown:

Incredible.

I did know that... :tantrum: but why do the silver and bronze winners do it?

Anyway, I'd probably do the same if I was a medal winner.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
How refreshing it is when all of these fantastic sportsman/women are interviewed. They are humble, down to earth, human, and show real joy and passion, more than can be said when most surly footballers are interviewed.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Here's the proper medal table. Just rejoice at that news and congratulate our athletes and the Yorkshire-men. Goodnight. Rejoice.

Medal.JPG

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just out of interest Triggaaar woild you (like myself) prefer an actually Gold medal even if it was small say 50p size ? Just a punt.
I was quite shocked they're not gold. With the amount of money available to the Olympics, real gold would easily be affordable. Not sure about 50p size, a bit too small, even in real gold.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Just seen that the Russian boxer who 'defeated' Conlan has withdrawn from the semi final due to an injury. The American will go straight to the final and the Russian will go home with a bronze. What a farce, any chance there in an inquiry into this? I guess not.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There's also a medal table for British athletes born March 23rd.

Sir Chris Hoy 7
Jason Kenny 7
Sir Steve Redgrave 6
Mo Farah 3

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1.34 billion population and only one solitary bronze medal.

FFS India, put down the crisps and get off the couch!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Jade Jones into her Taekwondo final, so another Silver at least on the board.

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
Currently if you discount the swimming medals from the table then the GB would be top as 16 of the yanks 32 golds were from swimming!

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Currently if you discount the swimming medals from the table then the GB would be top as 16 of the yanks 32 golds were from swimming!

Lazy *******s - let's face it - I can do 2 lengths of our 25m local pool in 2m 45s. So I'm not far
off those so called 'legends'.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Heard this earlier. What motive did they have for doing this? - captured on cctv laughing and joking returning to the Olympic Village as well as at the petrol station. Sounds crazy.
Well it might not be completely made up. Say they damaged a door, the staff point a gun at them and say they can't leave until they've paid for the damage. They pay an amount chosen by the staff. That's not exactly doing things by the book is it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A nice Sussex connection with the GB Ladies hockey team, as Sophie Bray, Laura Unsworth & Maddie Hinch all play for East Grinstead Hockey Club.
Never mind, Sussex is guaranteed at least two silver medallists. Laura Unsworth and Sophie Bray play for East Grinstead Hockey Club, which is only just over 2 miles up the road from me.
You're late, and you've forgotten the keeper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here