Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will YOU be happy if Brighton & Hove Council have loaned in excess of £36m .....

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
No, not happy at all. And not happy either with it being a big part in the Brighton Eye coming down. The Eye was a great part of the seafront landscape.
The Brighton Eye was only ever supposed to be a temporary stop-gap while the i360 project (which was approved first) was being put together.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Of public money to the private enterprise that is the i360?
I don't normally bother with your threads as there are already enough people to point out the inaccuracies and tell you to shut up. I used to feel a bit sorry for you....

But, seriously, f*c* off you attention seeking imbecile! ALL your threads are LOOK AT ME rubbish and you add nothing to this forum aside from poor spelling, bad grammar and cringeworthy desperation.

Please just stop, for your own sake if not ours. Actually fu#k your sake, do it for the forum and the better good of humanity you massive Agbonlahor.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I don't normally bother with your threads as there are already enough people to point out the inaccuracies and tell you to shut up. I used to feel a bit sorry for you....

But, seriously, f*c* off you attention seeking imbecile! ALL your threads are LOOK AT ME rubbish and you add nothing to this forum aside from poor spelling, bad grammar and cringeworthy desperation.

Please just stop, for your own sake if not ours. Actually fu#k your sake, do it for the forum and the better good of humanity you massive Agbonlahor.

Post of the year ? It should be :clap2:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Post of the year ? It should be :clap2:

Somebody getting so wound up about someone on an Internet forum that they almost blow a nut telling him what an awful person he is should be post of the year? Do me a favour. Makes him look like a kid throwing a tantrum. Don't like his threads? Don't open them. Certainly don't have a hissy fit and get so personal about someone you don't even know. Sheesh!

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
why is this still a thing. it has been said many times that this money did not come from the council, that if it didnt go on the i360 it would have gone to a similar project elsewhere,that the council benifit from payments from the i360.that it will regenerate that part of the seafront , and council tax hasnt gone up because of ity. it hasnt meant that other public services miss out,
Some types refuse to believe any of that and that the council have robbed the people of Brighton and hove of £36 million to pay for it.I suspectt hey are the types who would rather see the hippodrome and astoria quite literally fall down rather that be put into use because the plans dont restore them to the exact purpose for which they were buily last century.
It doesnt matter how many times the funding is explained, some people will simply refuse to accept it as it doesnt fit with thier particular "want to believe" conspiracy theorys and political agendas

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

Thank you for so beautifully putting into words my feelings on the subject and saving me the time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Brighton Eye was only ever supposed to be a temporary stop-gap while the i360 project (which was approved first) was being put together.

It was rather unoriginal as well.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Is the Queen coming to Brighton? Well the answer is no but I ask because the council are out today with toothbrushes scrubbing the pavements clean. First time for a good few years. It anoys me that the £35 million comes from my business rates but I can never get the seafront cleaned anywhen else.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
why is this still a thing. it has been said many times that this money did not come from the council, that if it didnt go on the i360 it would have gone to a similar project elsewhere,that the council benifit from payments from the i360.that it will regenerate that part of the seafront , and council tax hasnt gone up because of ity. it hasnt meant that other public services miss out,
Some types refuse to believe any of that and that the council have robbed the people of Brighton and hove of £36 million to pay for it.I suspectt hey are the types who would rather see the hippodrome and astoria quite literally fall down rather that be put into use because the plans dont restore them to the exact purpose for which they were buily last century.
It doesnt matter how many times the funding is explained, some people will simply refuse to accept it as it doesnt fit with thier particular "want to believe" conspiracy theorys and political agendas

booom.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Somebody getting so wound up about someone on an Internet forum that they almost blow a nut telling him what an awful person he is should be post of the year? Do me a favour. Makes him look like a kid throwing a tantrum. Don't like his threads? Don't open them. Certainly don't have a hissy fit and get so personal about someone you don't even know. Sheesh!

You can go f**k yourself n'all ya c***. :kiss: :wink:

I was in no way wound up actually. Just mildly irritated. And if you think that was getting personal then I'm surprised you post on here at all!

"Sheesh!" ? :shootself

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
No, not happy at all. And not happy either with it being a big part in the Brighton Eye coming down. The Eye was a great part of the seafront landscape.

Don't worry, all will be well when they have put up their mega washing line - sorry, "zip wire", to brighten up that end of our seafront. That should please the neighbours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here