Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Pritchard

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
Has there been any further comment or suggestion as to what this "illegal approach" was actually all about? Anything concrete that Bloom could take up with the powers that be, or was it just the Argus having a paddy? It read like a throw away comment, but it should be serious if true.
It would be for Tottenham to complain about an illegal approach for one of their players, however they have gone through with the deal and some reports on here stating for a lot more than we were going to pay. Knowing modern football they could have leaked the transfer as much as an agent.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I know it's not quite as simple as this, and advertising raises some revenue, but trebling the amount that Sky pay the PL must mean a huge increase in the amount subscribers pay Sky?

I don't know anyone who has taken out Sky recently, but I know several who have cancelled. There will come a point when these ridiculous increases cannot be maintained and subscriptions will have to be affordable or the whole thing will collapse.

They hammer the businesses first, pubs and clubs, our pubs sky bill quadrupled in about 10 years, from £300 a month to £1200, whereas home sky bill went up maybe 20% in that time. We cancelled it, got BT Sport for £300 a month and barely any drop in revenue. Quids in. I guess they are counting on all these mugs in Asia taking out subscriptions to watch the Premier League. Tragic enough when Londoners support Manure etc, how sad is it to support a team from the other side of the world.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Yep, tragic really, who in their right mind would get their kids shirts from foreign teams ?

I presume it's just not losing to a team your mate supports at school, why everyone seemed to support Liverpool in the early 80's. But now, just support a foreign team so you never lose face!

Kids these days.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I presume it's just not losing to a team your mate supports at school, why everyone seemed to support Liverpool in the early 80's. But now, just support a foreign team so you never lose face!

Kids these days.

That's why my main club is the Burwash Bear Inn Football team. They play a charity match every few years against Burwash FC. They usually lose eleventeen-nil or something, but since it's only happened about 6 times in my life it's easy to deal with and only the local villagers (population 37) know about it. I support Brighton just to keep my interest in the off 'season'

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

On a more general note about the parachute payments etc you have to remember that for a club like Norwich, who don't have rich owners, it's one of the rewards for getting to the Prem. In fact, the only owners with less money than our's in this league is Burtons, I believe.

But, the payments of these were not meant to be "rewards" were they? They were meant to try and prevent Clubs relegated from going out of business.. I would be saying the same in your position, but the rewards of making it to the PL are the huge amounts of cash from TV money. The need for parachute payments having dropped out of the top flight seem less than they were as a result, particularly with well run, "debt-free" clubs such as yourselves? Personally, I would look at making Payments to Clubs to help them compete in the PL - that would feel like a reward for getting there, and make PL survival more achievable.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

The former Spurs trainee told Sky Sports News HQ: "I'm not going to lie about it. I had a good conversation with both clubs and I can only choose one. I apologise for what happened.

"I just left home. I wasn't on the M25, I don't know where that's come from. It's one for the gaffer to talk about, not me. I'm a Norwich player, not a Brighton player. It is what it is. It's football.

"It was a difficult choice. There was interest from both parties. For me it was purely a football decision, and getting to the Premier League, and I'm just here now and can't wait to get started.I think it's the best option for me."

Hope he eats those words at the end of the season.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"It was a difficult choice. There was interest from both parties. For me it was purely a football decision"

19-bullshit-I-smell-yoda-meme.png

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
"It was a difficult choice. There was interest from both parties. For me it was purely a football decision"

19-bullshit-I-smell-yoda-meme.png

It would be particularly sweet were we ahead of Norwich when we play them next.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
'it was purley a football decision'

Yeah a football sized wad of £50 notes you money grabbing c*nt

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The former Spurs trainee told Sky Sports News HQ: "I'm not going to lie about it. I had a good conversation with both clubs and I can only choose one. I apologise for what happened.

"I just left home. I wasn't on the M25, I don't know where that's come from. It's one for the gaffer to talk about, not me. I'm a Norwich player, not a Brighton player. It is what it is. It's football.

"It was a difficult choice. There was interest from both parties. For me it was purely a football decision, and getting to the Premier League, and I'm just here now and can't wait to get started.I think it's the best option for me."

Hope he eats those words at the end of the season.

"Purely a football decision"

We all know it was the cash, you goon.

:jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here