Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Pritchard

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Agreed - but this one seems to be gaining momentum fast, it sort of looks like it's a goer
The fact that a complex deal is being reported suggests that negotiations have been going for a while. That's the good news.

We know Albion like to keep things under wraps until the deal is done. The fact that this has emerged before then does give me some concern, because Levy is a very tough cookie in negotiations and Spurs may be the source of the story so they can flush out any competing bids. That's the bad news.

Great signing if we can pull it off mind. Starting to get excited about the season at last.

PG

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Loads of Tweets from the local press on it. That's not usual unless they have a bit of a clue. The clue will not have come from the club, but sounds like there are promising noises from somewhere. Naylor even going on record to say it's an addition not a replacement

I hope your right, signs are you are, so fingers crossed. I may sink a beer tonight if its done and dusted.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
The fact that a complex deal is being reported suggests that negotiations have been going for a while. That's the good news.

We know Albion like to keep things under wraps until the deal is done. The fact that this has emerged before then does give me some concern, because Levy is a very tough cookie in negotiations and Spurs may be the source of the story so they can flush out any competing bids. That's the bad news.

Great signing if we can pull it off mind. Starting to get excited about the season at last.

PG

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

It does sound like Spurs have leaked it, which as you say may be a worry.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Alex Alex Alex Alex Pritchard.
He fu*ked off Spurs for Brighton coz he is well hard.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Not going to pretend to know a lot about this guy, but this must mean Stephens is going IMO, I don't believe we'd splash out that much unless we were replacing another extremely important squad member.

It's a scary amount of money for us, regardless

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
£8 m is a stupid price for a Champuonship club to pay. Regardless of the player.

I agree... BUT 2 words - Andre Gray.

FWIW the £8mil is probably not true, even with add ons. Seems like a guessed high figure, only quoted by Sky. I'd imagine it's £3mil-£4mil up front with £2mil add-ons if we go up etc etc. Just my hunch like.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Never anywhere has it said 8M......it says something along the lines of a package potentially totaling 8M.

Something like 4M plus 1M if he plays 50 games for the club (on a 4 year deal) and 3M if we go up this year, 1.5M if go up the year after or 1M the one after that.

Fingers crossed we will end up paying the full 8 but that could even include sell on percentage and a guess as to the 'value' of that component.

We will not, no way, be paying 8 million tomorrow for him but he's an ideal signing for that forward/striker player we need. Compliments our current line-up really well and fits our current style. Upgrade a big weakness in our squad currently held by Baldock (who's OK in Champ but not at level of the rest of our starters) and backed up by who? The Dutch Clutz?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Screenshot_20160802-145035.png

Wonder WHO their SAUCES are?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This is different, sky now reporting fee has been agreed and we are discussing personal terms with Alex Pritchard

He was doing it deliberately to be awkward and knew full well he was spouting utter shite. Pretty sure it's a parody account anyway but even so... :lol: :facepalm:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Not going to pretend to know a lot about this guy, but this must mean Stephens is going IMO, I don't believe we'd splash out that much unless we were replacing another extremely important squad member.

It's a scary amount of money for us, regardless

It's been said before in this thread so I am in danger of repetition, but they don't play in the same position.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here