Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Pritchard

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Agent: Norwich have shown an interest, let's weigh up our options before doing the deal.
Pritchard: But the deal is as good as done, I like the place, the potential, the manager, this is a club going places
Agent: But you would be silly not to consider al the options.
Pritchard: if that's what you want, I'll talk to them and see what they say, but I'm pretty sure my minds made up.
Agent: Fair enough, but let's at least see what Norwich have to offer.

4 hours later...

Agent: what are your thoughts? Norwich can offer you a better weekly wage
Pritchard: Maybe, but the facilities, the manager and the ambition appeal to me more
Agent: You're choice, I'll get is back to Brighton and get the deal signed.

Pritchard: But the abuse i have received on Twitter from Brighton fans has made me question if i want to play for them now.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Pritchard: But the abuse i have received on Twitter from Brighton fans has made me question if i want to play for them now.

Agent: Grow a pair of bollocks, it will be 10 times worse if you sign for those 6 fingered inbreads.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Wouldn't be shocked. There are some real boneheads in Twitter. Nobody knows what his own thoughts are.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What I do not understand is if as suggested the deal was agreed with Spurs and personal terms with the player yesterday why wasnt the players contract for the FL signed yesterday and all the ' formalities' of the transfer completed today

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Thy have parchute payments to offset any expenditure.

I meant registered users on here :laugh: They'll be here shortly, just takes a few of the usual crew to first sling around enough muck about bigger clubs, better facilities, prospects yadda yadda yadda

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
It's little consolation....but

I have a very good contact at Spurs who says Pritchard has bags of potential and had we bought him, there's a chance we could sell again for a big profit.

Even so, he says his injury was a bad one and feels an £8m 'package' is too much.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Was surprised how many were having a pop about Moose's credentials earlier in the thread. He's not always the first, but has good BHA info normally. He's also good friends with a certain Albion 'Insider'. I had no doubt there was interest from Norwich when he'd tweeted that. I doubt it was the player himself letting the journo know though.

So the summary is that he is firmly 'ITK'. I take no notice of 90%+ of Twitter drool. Established reporters/presenters tend to be worthy of note. This is one example.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It all poker. Hidden cards and rumourtism. And opinions.

I thought the same about Baldock when we signed him.

I don't know about the player. Seen a few clips on TV. £3 million plus wages on a long contract may add to the high figure of £8 million with a bit of imagination. These are all made up figures any way. Then he might be worth it.

I like a player who can take the ball instantly on the half turn (Warburton says) and be facing goal in an instant. Stats say most of his key passes come from out wide. I'd sooner play Knocky in the position behind our main striker. Personal preference.

The 8 million will be based on up front fee, plus bonuses paid to Spurs based around appearances, goals scored, promotion etc. Wages will have nothing to do with what we've agreed with Spurs.

You don't want to sign a player, to play off the striker, when his stats say his key passes come from out wide? Yet you'd move a player we already own, and is possibly the best player in his position in the league, to play in that role when his stats will more than likely say exactly the same thing?

I know I won't get a coherent answer from you, but I felt I had to point out who ridiculous your footballing knowledge is once again.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
If he doesn't want to sign for whatever reason then we don't want him. We have a good team spirit in the squad and we don't need someone disrupting that, or only in it for the money.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So the summary is that he is firmly 'ITK'. I take no notice of 90%+ of Twitter drool. Established reporters/presenters tend to be worthy of note. This is one example.

It's no secret - he tweets the person a lot. Certainly doesn't mean he gets told massive scoops and if he does, despite his job, he may be told to keep them quiet. He may get other things wrong, but often seems right on BHA matters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here