Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Pritchard

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
24 hours ago I hadn't even heard of Alex Pritchard so I'm really not going to lose any sleep over it.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
If Norwood rumour is true, imagine we may have accepted an offer for Stephens subject to our getting a replacement. With the dual signing of Norwood and Pritchard, it would soften blow of DS leaving and would potentially leave us in a stronger position than before... If true, not sure where it leaves things now though.

That's my pie in the sky theory anyway...

It's the same logical conclusion I came to as well if the DS/ON stuff is true.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
We come out of this with decency but not the player. More resolve now to go for it...

Trouble is, and this is something I try not to think about too much because I fear it may actually kill my love for the game, by going for it and getting promoted we'll find ourselves in an entirely new landscape where we're even more likely to be fleeced by clubs / agents / players.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
24 hours ago I hadn't even heard of Alex Pritchard so I'm really not going to lose any sleep over it.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

Precisely, and this Norwood geezer, I thought he was a junction in Croydon.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How fickle are football fans? 24 hours ago he was the bees knees and the missing piece that was going to ensure promotion now people are saying didnt want him any way as not good enough, make your minds up please

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
There was no criticism of the club implied whatsoever. Why would there be? It's been plastered all over SKY and elsewhere that the Albion bid £8m for Pritchard. And regardless of who made it public, it's now rightly or wrongly perceived that the club have £8M available to spend on a single player. That was my point.

This is my concern as well and a very good point. Any club we are talking to now is going to be using this as a bargaining point in any deal

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
no ive retired, as im too busy being pissed off and doing hedgehog quiz's

I can summarise the next twenty pages or so. They'll increasingly be filled by posts saying he's not all that anyway/ he's a croc, 8 million was way too much/Don't want him if all he cares about is more money/ the game is ****ed, too much premiership money is ruining it for the rest of us.

Followed by page 21 onwards of 'YES!!!! **** you Norwich, I KNEW he'd see sense and sign for us! What. A. Signing.

Blue_Boy

Apr 26, 2016
North Of The Wall
I don't understand what Powell or his agent did wrong in this saga. He was offered a job, a better one came along then got pulled so he went back to the original offer. I would do the same.
Regarding Norwich and Pritchard, what have they done wrong ? They outbid us (so it seems). Other times we will use our spending power against 'smaller' clubs. I'm not sure where decency comes into it.
Completely agree with your last sentence though..:albion2:

Yeah it's probably the disappointment of not signing Pritchard that's my gripe. What I was trying to illustrate with the Nick Powell anecdote was how he'd virtually promised Wigan a yes reply the next day which gave them & their fans uplifting optimism yet the next day he was literally at contract signing stage for Wolves

Wigan DID get him but only because his Wolves move was pulled. We maybe got over optimistic & in our case we lost our man hoping for a 'next day yes'. We pick ourselves up as you say :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I am always baffled by the lack of knowledge of players in our division.

I know. I'm certainly not great on players at other clubs but we were fairly heavily linked with Pritchard in January - you'd think people would know him!

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I know October is a long way off and memories will forget a bit, but wonder what Amex reception he'll get now...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here