Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC's dullest day ever?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
No competitive football for more than two and a half months, bugger all transfer activity. I can't remember this board being so dead. The new season can't come soon enough.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Been a very relaxing day round the pool in Mexico

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I drew a picture, read Slaughtehouse , had some food and then someone shoved a couple of ice cubes up my arse.

Same old, same old.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I'm just going for a epidural , what i wouldn't give for a melted icecube picture shoved up my unfeeling arse in 5 slaughterhouses

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
No competitive football for more than two and a half months, bugger all transfer activity. I can't remember this board being so dead. The new season can't come soon enough.

Thanks your lucky stars you're not a Swindon Town supporter - no competitive football for 15 years.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Thanks your lucky stars you're not a Swindon Town supporter - no competitive football for 15 years.

Thank your lucky stars you're not a Coventry City supporter. They have not finished in the top 6 in ANY division since April 1970.

True dat.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Thank your lucky stars you're not a Coventry City supporter. They have not finished in the top 6 in ANY division since April 1970.

True dat.

Now you've said that this is bound to be their year.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Doesn't help that anything vaguely political is shoved into one of two bins.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Doesn't help that anything vaguely political is shoved into one of two bins.

And which are dominated by a handful of seemingly humorless people who lack the wit and mischief of some political posters.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Now you've said that this is bound to be their year.

And I wouldn't begrudge them it either, after all the shit their fans have gone through. Astonishing stat though isn't it ? I mean I know they were top-flight furniture for donkeys years without ever threatening the upper ecehlons, but they were relegated from the PL in 2001, and haven't had a sniff of a promotion at any time since then. Poor buggers. Being a Cov fan must be a miserable existence.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I went to one of the Coventry matches when they were at Northampton and it was terrible, much worse than us at Gillingham. The fans were at each others' throats between those who didn't want another penny to go the owners, stood on the hill outside, and angrily picketed those going in (only about 1,500). The others going in were almost in tears, being made to feel like scabs but just wanting to do what they had always done, support their team.

I suppose the closest we got to that was in the early days of protest when some fans wanted direct action and some didn't, and were a little slower to the party.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
And I wouldn't begrudge them it either, after all the shit their fans have gone through. Astonishing stat though isn't it ? I mean I know they were top-flight furniture for donkeys years without ever threatening the upper ecehlons, but they were relegated from the PL in 2001, and haven't had a sniff of a promotion at any time since then. Poor buggers. Being a Cov fan must be a miserable existence.

It's even worse than that. They're not even the best sporting team playing at their home stadium (Wasps).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here