Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky and the new season.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Dont go to away games anymore due to inconsiderate fans wanting to stand, which is their choice but puts me off attending away matches.

Sit at the front???

theboybilly

Sit at the front???

You don't even have to do that. Apart from matches like the one at Boro I have always managed to get a seat with a decent view where I can actually sit throughout the game. My old knees, bless 'em, can't be doing with all that standing but I get by. Mind you it's even easier at Rotherham or Blackburn on a wet Tuesday night

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You don't even have to do that. Apart from matches like the one at Boro I have always managed to get a seat with a decent view where I can actually sit throughout the game. My old knees, bless 'em, can't be doing with all that standing but I get by. Mind you it's even easier at Rotherham or Blackburn on a wet Tuesday night

I do the same. Even at Boro, I asked a steward if someone at the front could swap with me, which they did.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.

Have the same problem. Weirdly I'm quite happy to stand on a terrace like Brentford as it doesn't cause knee or back pains.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You went, or were planning to go the 'Boro match at the end of last season if I recall!! Unless of course it's your new policy from now on.

That was a one off and I would have got there early so as to get a seat plus was assured bt Boro it was a 100% sit in your allocated seat or be removed but I dont know if that threat was carried out or not. I generally do not go to away matches now done all that in the past its others turn now.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
That was a one off and I would have got there early so as to get a seat plus was assured bt Boro it was a 100% sit in your allocated seat or be removed but I dont know if that threat was carried out or not. I generally do not go to away matches now done all that in the past its others turn now.

The policy at Boro wasn't enforced. Lucky really, as my allocated seat didn't actually exist!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

All you have to do is ask. I did and changed my seat. Stewards can be helpful at times.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I must admit after doing it for the best part of 50 years I do not get the buzz out of travelling to away matches now. At one time it was accepted I would be going if Brighton were playing but now only at home and am arranging a holiday in Spain when we are away to Leeds as it may be on sky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here