Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion knock back Newcastle bid for winger

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
They are arguably the best fans in the country, mental to suggest other wise.

I'm sorry, but I can't go along with that.

What makes them the "best fans in the country"? The fact the poor souls turn up when they have such a "rubbish" team in the lower half of the Premier League (somewhere most football fans can only dream of being)?

What is the worst situation Newcastle have been in, in their recent history? A season smashing he Championship with a bunch of Premier League players?

They have decent fans, and can generate good noise, but what makes them so special? Are they any better than fans of League One or Two clubs that turn up every week to watch rubbish football, or raise money to keep their clubs alive?

You're perfectly entitled to that opinion, but it grates on me when I hear this "best fans" line trotted out so regularly. Has done for years.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
This offer for Knockeart is not NEW.

Neither is the offers for the other two players. I don't know how it eventually got leaked, possibly from the Newcastle end. These three players have been pursued for close to 5 or 6 weeks now. They have all been rebuffed and the club will continue to rebuff them all.

The game changes if any of these players then go to the club and say that they want to speak to another club. As far a I know that hasn't happened yet. Will it happen ? - Who knows, but its up to the club to try and convince them that we have as good a chance as any of going up.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This offer for Knockeart is not NEW.

Neither is the offers for the other two players. I don't know how it eventually got leaked, possibly from the Newcastle end. These three players have been pursued for close to 5 or 6 weeks now. They have all been rebuffed and the club will continue to rebuff them all.

The game changes if any of these players then go to the club and say that they want to speak to another club. As far a I know that hasn't happened yet. Will it happen ? - Who knows, but its up to the club to try and convince them that we have as good a chance as any of going up.

Very re-assuring as opposed to the bedwetters who fear the worst always, I am sure the club will do all they can to keep the existing players and add to them.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
I'm sorry, but I can't go along with that.

What makes them the "best fans in the country"? The fact the poor souls turn up when they have such a "rubbish" team in the lower half of the Premier League (somewhere most football fans can only dream of being)?

What is the worst situation Newcastle have been in, in their recent history? A season smashing he Championship with a bunch of Premier League players?

They have decent fans, and can generate good noise, but what makes them so special? Are they any better than fans of League One or Two clubs that turn up every week to watch rubbish football, or raise money to keep their clubs alive?

You're perfectly entitled to that opinion, but it grates on me when I hear this "best fans" line trotted out so regularly. Has done for years.
have you ever been to a Newcastle home game??

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm convinced none of our star players will leave. Certainly not to a rival club anyway. I feel relaxed about it.

You are deluded. Will be amazed if none leave.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.

I have been to a lot of games at St James Park and spent a lot of time on Tyneside. Yes the fans are passionate but also cynical. British football fans are passionate generally from Leicester to Dundee to Plymouth to Grimsby to Charlton to Preston. The media have built something of a mythology about Newcastle IMHO.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Why, the toon is a hotbed of fitbah man divant tha na? Wor Jackie man, then that Leon Best gadgie. He's a swordsman like, canny aye.
Reet, where's me bloater & stotty cake man?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I have indeed. They lost 1-0 to the Albion when Mark GALL scored the winner, and their sense of entitlement was spectacular. When Pardew was manager there they couldn't wait to get rid of him because he was a Cock-er-nee, and since then, sadly as I'm sure we all agree, he's done a decent job at Palace and the Toon have been relegated.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
That's not what I'm saying. If he was crap, like Elvis Manu, who cost nearly as much, many would be forming a lynch mob to run him out of town. We are loyal to the shirt, not the players or management. If the player turns out to be brilliant, such as Knockaert, he's accused of lacking loyalty if he leaves 'us' (even though he signed a four year deal with Standard Liege in July 2015). If the player turns out to be a turkey, such as Chris O'Gravytrain, on somewhere between £10-15,000 a week for three years, he's accused of being greedy by staying at the club and bleeding 'us' dry.

Fair enough, point taken.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here