Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion knock back Newcastle bid for winger

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We signed Rosenior and Zamora last year from presumably top 8 Champ clubs last season in terms of wages.

Both released by their clubs so not really the same thing as signing key players

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Some on there think that AK is only worth 10m?:wozza: Have you seen what players have gone for in this window?

Compared to them, AK's value is approaching the 20m mark.

Keep at all costs, as others have said, at this level he is irreplaceable.

Guess the difference is it isnt a PL club bidding, if they do the amount will go up.

He isnt worth 20 million, no one from the second tier is, the money being bid for players is mental

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Still believe our most important signings this transfer window will be securing our prized assets on long term contracts.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
I genuinely can't see how, if he went, we could realistically adequately replace him no matter what price we got for him. Knocky really is the best you can possibly expect to have in the championship and he's very rare in that he's a talented, tricky winger with a very high work rate and a lot of passion. You don't see that often. I'd be devastated if we sold him, no matter the price.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
wijnaldum, but I am not sure that counts as he was in the PL last season

and Liverpool over paid by about 25 million

Removing teams just relegated it was Bale for 12

Zaha ?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Guess the difference is it isnt a PL club bidding, if they do the amount will go up.

He isnt worth 20 million, no one from the second tier is, the money being bid for players is mental

"Second-tier" Newcastle could be netting between £35m and £40m if Liverpool / Everton and some Italian club sign the players they're after. Sissoko and another one.

It isn't about what players are worth anymore. It's about knowing that clubs have a certain level of finance and wringing as much out of them as possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here