Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Based on the Oxford game I think it will take Houghton some time to find his best side

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Personally I think this is Hughton's best side. Others may care to differ.

chris-hughton-34264948.jpg

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I suspect we'll start with the same xi (except Stephens) against Derby, and probably for the first few games. If we do I think we'll have about 6 points from 5 games. However I was very impressed with the pace and movement from the subs last night and I believe once we embed some of those into the team we'll take off. This probably won't happen until September though.

What an odd post. We had a strong side out last night, barring Bruno at centre back it was a team that stormed the second half of last season. We also won 4-0. Yet you decide that if we play that team, with a decent looking bench, you think we'll get only 6 points from 5 games. Very odd.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
What an odd post. We had a strong side out last night, barring Bruno at centre back it was a team that stormed the second half of last season. We also won 4-0. Yet you decide that if we play that team, with a decent looking bench, you think we'll get only 6 points from 5 games. Very odd.

You may well be correct - and I hope you are. But we'll be without Stephens first game and possibly Goldson for longer. Last night I thought the team played well for the first 20-30mins but went off the boil after that. We didn't look particularly solid at the back and better attacks will punish us. When we brought on the subs the whole approach changed and we looked fast and accurate in our passing. We all know about Hemed and Murphy but others contributed too. It wouldn't surprise me at all if three or four found their way into the first team on a regular basis. Who was the guy wearing no 30? He looked strong and pacy and frightened the life out of Oxford's defence.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Watching Albion against Oxford reminded me what a decent team Albion are. Rubbish opposition but we absolutely battered them. We will be there or there abouts this season if we keep our best players. A top class striker would really make a difference tho

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I suspect we'll start with the same xi (except Stephens) against Derby, and probably for the first few games. If we do I think we'll have about 6 points from 5 games. However I was very impressed with the pace and movement from the subs last night and I believe once we embed some of those into the team we'll take off. This probably won't happen until September though.

No chance. You might get a couple pushing for the bench ?Molumby, Hunt/Hall for the first game if we don't get the CB situation sorted out or even Will Collar if he develops in the U23's during the season. But none are first team ready, it is a massive step up........

I think starting 11 (from Oxford) for Derby, with Goldson returning during the first month.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here