Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pokemon Go

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Got a Smoochum from my other 10k, so at least something new to me and not another bloody Lapras!

I have now got a new 10k egg on the go (I have been finding them a LOT more frequently lately), so fingers crossed for something useful from that in due course.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Pichu, Cleffa and Igglybuff from 2k eggs, Togepi and Togetic from 5k eggs, Smoochum, Elekid and Magby from 10k eggs.

That's an unbelievable haul compared to the poor return we had - a Pichu at the very beginning (possibly even before the boost) and the Elekid at the end.

All I can hope is that there's something good amongst the 9 eggs I have. Am I missing something though - I never know which are new eggs and which are old? They seem to change position quite often (judging by the single 2km egg I have amongst otherwise 5km eggs) and if you tap on them there's no info regarding where/when found.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Started playing less than a week ago. Level 11 but know it starts to really slow right down soon. Not had much time to play but hoping to get out and do lots in a few days maybe over the weekend.

Online I see all these people posting up about keeping their 15/15/15 versions of the easiest pokemon but have no idea how to see the attack/defense/stamina of anything......... website 'calculator' or something? Can someone try to explain?

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Started playing less than a week ago. Level 11 but know it starts to really slow right down soon. Not had much time to play but hoping to get out and do lots in a few days maybe over the weekend.

Online I see all these people posting up about keeping their 15/15/15 versions of the easiest pokemon but have no idea how to see the attack/defense/stamina of anything......... website 'calculator' or something? Can someone try to explain?

Easiest thing is to use the appraisal feature and look for "Wonders". If you want to know exact stats you will need to find a calculator- it is based on how much the CP goes up when you power the poke up.

I don't see the need for precise stats. All wonders are good enough and you won't have so many that you have to choose.

My tip for you that I was given but ignored and regret - don't use you stardust until you are at least level 23 and only on Pokemon that can get to 2000CP or above.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Don't think seen a wonder yet so will keep an eye on appraise and use it more often. Thanks.

Saving all Stardust till well after 20 or so yes and also the lucky eggs for evolve runs with shed loads of candy. Will try those when grinding starts to become a chore. Right now it's feeling quick still. The girlfriend started about a month ago but is only a handful of levels ahead of me. We will go explore around our new apartment once move in at weekend and also help each other with lures etc. down the road.

Having read back 10 pages (all can manage now)............. what is the buddy thing? I thought it would be purely cosmetic but you get a candy of that type for every 3KM walked? As a guess from putting things together read here? Having not actually tried a 'buddy' yet that sounds like a good idea :)

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
That's an unbelievable haul compared to the poor return we had - a Pichu at the very beginning (possibly even before the boost) and the Elekid at the end.

For clarity, that response was in relation to the question of what CAN be obtained, rather than what I have.

I personally have Cleffa, Igglybuff, Togepi and Smoochum from that list.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Level 24 now and started occasionally getting into gyms and getting coins from that. Any tips on what to buy with them once saved up? Incubators seem the most appealing given I've still got 3 of my 5 XP eggs and it takes a long time to save up 30 minutes of evolves for each one so not like going to burn through them fast.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
I always get incubators when I have enough coins so that I have more eggs incubating at the same time.

I think I've got all the 'first generation' Pokemon (that you can get in the UK) now apart from the Lapras and Tangela. Anyone caught either in the wild and if so where??

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I always get incubators when I have enough coins so that I have more eggs incubating at the same time.

I think I've got all the 'first generation' Pokemon (that you can get in the UK) now apart from the Lapras and Tangela. Anyone caught either in the wild and if so where??

I've caught 2 wild Lapras. 1 was outside of the main entrance to Canary Wharf tube station, and the other was on Offington Avenue in Worthing

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's really getting dull now, but I can't stop until we've got a Dragonite and a Muk.

Dratini is still our buddy - 19 candy to go now. We'll then switch to the Grimer which has 27 to go.

Nothing new is ever found and nothing new comes from eggs, so it's just the grind of walking/running with the app running to accumulate the KMs.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I haven't played for 3 weeks now, still had to get Muk and and some baby pokemon. Delelted the app a couple of days ago.
The game hasld so much potential to be better than it was, but started feeling like a chore most days to play catching endless things I had caught a billion times over and walking x amount of km to hatch yet another zubat or sandshrew etc.
Instead of releasing a few measly baby pokemon, they should've released a dozen or so new pokemon into the wild every couple of weeks to keep it interesting, but very much doubt anything they do will get me to reinstall the game now.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Used to play it religiously but eventually everything gets boring, only extraordinary games don't get monotonous after a while although as has been said already they have shot themselves in the foot with how they have handled updates and the progression of the game, I won't be playing again even if they release gen 2.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
For anyone still playing. Valentines event just started. It lasts for a week.

Double Candy, Buddy distances halved and loads of pink Pokemon knocking about.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
For anyone still playing. Valentines event just started. It lasts for a week.

Double Candy, Buddy distances halved and loads of pink Pokemon knocking about.

Wondered why I suddenly started seeing loads of Jigglypuffs, Slopokes and Meoths

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Just got up to level 26. We clearly have very different mix of pokemon here in Manila to Sussex.

Am starting to get a bit bored now, even though doing the gyms thing. Expect I'll do a little every now and again but it's not what I hoped for.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The valentines event is a bit of a let down. There was expectation generally that it might see the introduction of a few new pokemon in the wild but all we get is enhanced candies and buddy distances. Meh

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
For those still in need of one, increased spawns of Porygon are part of the event too.

Hopefully this extra candy thing will help me finish off my Kabutops, but that will still leave me Dragonite, Snorlax, Tangela, Pichu, Togetic and Elekid missing from my currently available set.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/johto-pokemon

Gen2 and various other features will launch "later this week".

Oh FFS!

In other news, our Dratini is now up to 96 candy. Imagine my delight on the way to the game last night, as my train pulled into Brighton, for a Dragonite to appear nearby. I dashed to try and get it but it fled. Having covered 165.4km with the Dratini as our buddy, I'm not sure if I'm pleased about that or not.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Oh FFS!

In other news, our Dratini is no2 up to 96 candy. Imagine my delight on the way to the game last night, as my train pulled into Brighton, for a Dragonite to appear nearby. I dashed to try and get it but it fled. Having covered 165.4km with the Dratini as our buddy, I'm not sure if I'm pleased about that or not.
I can entirely understand your mixed feelings on the Dragonite! My Kabuto/Kabutops is nearly done, with Dragonite being my next buddy target - at least this new lot will give me something to look for while working on that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here