Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pokemon Go

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Mine was 882CP before I upgraded it and is now 1437. Its moves are 'Hidden Power' (15) and Solar Beam (180).

When I tap the appraisal option, the woman tells me that its a 'wonder' and a 'breathtaking Pokemon' so she seems quite keen on it.

Marvellous ! Thanks Frutos !

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I have all but a handful of gen 1, but I never see anything new gen 2 and stuck on 179...

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Mine was 882CP before I upgraded it and is now 1437. Its moves are 'Hidden Power' (15) and Solar Beam (180).

When I tap the appraisal option, the woman tells me that its a 'wonder' and a 'breathtaking Pokemon' so she seems quite keen on it.

Solar Beam 180 - thats awesome :mad::mad::mad:

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
anyone know the best pokemon to take down Blisseys in gyms

We keep getting our arses kicked whatever we go in with ???

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
Just hope for the best, but fighting type should be effective. Blissey is a tank, ridiculously high hp and amazing defence stats, you aren't the only one struggling!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I could tell you but what then happens to my Blissey ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

My 2000HP Blissey has just been kicked out of a gym so someone has found the way....Blast !

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
New water event started yesterday, extra spawns of water types. Perfect for me as I still needed Omastar so loads of omanytes around for me too catch. Up to 191 caught, 195 seen

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm now on 199 caught...

nobody has mentioned this yet, but the first 'shiny' Pokémon is out there. A Shiny Magikarp. It differs to normal ones in that it's golden, not Orange, and will evolve into a red Gyarados...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm now on 199 caught...

nobody has mentioned this yet, but the first 'shiny' Pokémon is out there. A Shiny Magikarp. It differs to normal ones in that it's golden, not Orange, and will evolve into a red Gyarados...
I caught my 200th (Girafarig) yesterday. I have enough Sunkern, Slowpoke, Onix and Poliwag candies for their Gen2 evolutions, but none of the required special items.

I did get a special item on my 7-Day streak yesterday, but it was an UpGrade which is the only one of the lot I've already bloody used (I have a Dragon Scale but not enough Horsea candy yet)!

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I caught my 200th (Girafarig) yesterday. I have enough Sunkern, Slowpoke, Onix and Poliwag candies for their Gen2 evolutions, but none of the required special items.

I did get a special item on my 7-Day streak yesterday, but it was an UpGrade which is the only one of the lot I've already bloody used (I have a Dragon Scale but not enough Horsea candy yet)!

I have upgraded my Horsea to Kingdra. Therefore, of course the next special item I get it another scale, which I can use, but why bother, as I've already got one.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Apparently from now on you will get a " Special item " on the 7th day of every 7 Day Streak you do.. so hang in there, I picked up a scale thing yesterday to go with my one Metal Coat and 2 Upgrades ( I have already upgrade my Porygon so 2 more are needless !

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm now on 199 caught...

Yes, I have heard of this in the last few days. Lots of high value " Wonder " Magikarp about for another couple of days... it would be nice to bag one as I bet the Red Gyrados is a beast !

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
There are no stat differences between normal pokemon and shinies. Just a different colour
In that case I won't be that bothered about hunting them.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
In that case I won't be that bothered about hunting them.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

As they are reported as being a 1 in 3500 event (as in every 3500th Magikarp) it'll be more of luckily finding one.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So, just been out for a stroll round Canary Wharf, and I have my 1st Shiny Magikarp...

It's only a 72CP one though, so I'm not that inclined to evolve it just for the sake of it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So, just been out for a stroll round Canary Wharf, and I have my 1st Shiny Magikarp...

It's only a 72CP one though, so I'm not that inclined to evolve it just for the sake of it.
It's a lot of candy to blow so run it through an IV checker first if I was you.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's a lot of candy to blow so run it through an IV checker first if I was you.

I got a good Magikarp yesterday

CP164
HP 38

And it has 6 possible IV combinations:

Level Attack Defense Stamina Percentage perfect
27 14 12 15 91%
27 14 13 15 93%
28 13 10 15 84%

And is predicted to produce a Gyarados of 2981

The Shiny is far less impressive

CP72
HP25