Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pokemon Go

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Thanks I'm am now a lot more knowledgeable about the game but still none the wiser to the appeal to adults. Sounds like a cross between sticker collecting and geo caching. Each to their own I suppose and as someone else mentioned anything to get people out and about is a good thing. That said I can see people getting hurt either not paying attention to what they are going or trying to get places they shouldn't be.

This is the nostalgia hit of my generation, we grew up with pokemon, while others with ninja turtles, alot of the older generation still watch the likes of the wizard of oz. Alot of people tend to gravitate towards their first films or TV shows that they remember liking as a kid in order to get the nostalgia feeling, this is why many who are late twenties and lower are playing these games.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Bloody pikachu just legged it from me :tantrum:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I was in Cwmbran today spotting Pokemon players, which was quite good fun. I was surprised how many are following this latest fad. Most of the players looked pretty geeky, male generally, usually wearing blue t-shirts and with little or no sun tan (probably due to lack of getting out the house until now).

Does that description match any of the players on here?

Not me... Fifty something with a tan from always being out and about and a technophobe to boot...

twiggles

Feb 14, 2014
Would anyone have links to an emulator/download to try out the original pokemon games on the PC? Got a month to kill before Legion and would like to see what the real games are like. Thanks

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Would anyone have links to an emulator/download to try out the original pokemon games on the PC? Got a month to kill before Legion and would like to see what the real games are like. Thanks

This site might help - i've got quite a few N64 games from that site on my laptop, but i've not tried any of the Gameboy emulators to know which is best, but there's a subsection on that page to download an emulator so you can try one of those that suits your computer.

In other Poke news, another wander down LA seafront proved fruitful - finally a Pikachu, as well as losing most of my balls (Poke and masculinity) catching a CP778 Jynx. Also picked up a wild Electrode, wild Poliwhirl and wild Nidorina. Encountered a Dodrio too but that ran before I could catch it :(

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Level 16/ Electrobuzz 850… With a load of evolving building up to use with my lucky egg..

Last Friday night at about midnight I was sitting on a green in Kingston which had 2 pokestops accessible form the one bench. I set two lures and sat there. Within 5 mins total random guys started coming over playing pokemon. We all sat there and chatted and were there catching pokemon till 3 am. It was really fun really sociable.

It may get boring however currently Pokemon go seems to have go got me chatting to friendly random people. It gives me something to do when chilling with a beer at a pub as most pubs have pokestops.

It’s a new gaming technology and i wanted to be apart of it…

People i have come across all seem to be playing it with a smile on their face and that's all good with me...

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

You'd probably have more fun playing the remakes of the first games. Best bet for an emulator is VBA;
http://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo_Gameboy_Advance_Emulators/Windows/31

And then something like Pokemon FIre Red;
https://www.loveroms.com/download/gameboy-advance/pokemon-fire-red-version-u-/39

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I have just made it to level 15 thanks to hatching a Magmar ! he came loaded with candy so I've maxed him up to 872 CP !

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The Amex has been infiltrated.

0807d48be7c855aa62e2f760f7947cc8.png

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Any decent/interesting additions out there lately?

I picked up a 558CP Gloom (evolved form of Oddish) today, a 305CP Poliwhirl yesterday and hatched a 313CP Doduo a couple of days ago - Pokedex is now Caught 71, Seen 74 (still missing Charmander, Weepinbell and Slowbro of those I've seen).

My next evolution will hopefully be to get a Tentacruel, seeing as Tentacools seem to be plentiful here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here