Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pokemon Go

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yep, same update on Android as well.

Not found a Ditto as yet (what was yours pretending to be [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]?).

A Pidgey. My son became Ditto obsessed and we had two quite lengthy sessions on Worthing seafront catching everything we could and had no joy. Then, on Tuesday evening, I walked down to our local shops and caught a Pidgey on my way back and it transformed. Big relief!

Rumours are circulating that Gen2 will be launched pre-Christmas, which would provide another 100 Pokemon to be caught/hatched/evolved.

That's the last thing we need.

One thing: the Dragons - I've not seen a Dratini for several months now. I'm wondering how on earth we managed to get a Dragonair. It feels like a Dragonite is only going to be achieved with the same amount of walking as we've been doing with the Charmeleon.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Ditto, no Ditto for me ! did push on well through the last week of double points and Stardust, I banked a load of Rats and Wheedles etc , loaded up a lucky egg and evolved like crazy. Have been Buddied with a massive Graveller and am almost at the point of evolving him in a few klicks.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I banked a load of Rats and Wheedles etc , loaded up a lucky egg and evolved like crazy.

I think we clocked 158,000xp in one evolve session during the points boost. Disappointed that we didn't have enough to make it two sessions!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Last Machop found so we now have a Machamp. Also, completed the last bit of walking and after 208km we have a Charizard. That puts us on 136 in the Pokedex. The gaps are:

Venusaur - 49 candy to go. Likely to be our next buddy.
Farfetch'd - Can't get this as it's in Asia.
Muk - 32 candy to go.
Lickitung - Never seen one of these.
Kangashan - Can't get as it's in Australia / New Zealand.
Tauros - Can't get this as it's in the US.
Omastar - 31 candy to go.
Kabutops - 31 candy to go.
Aerodactyl - Just never seen one other than in a gym.
Articuno - not available yet?
Zapdos - not available yet?
Moltres - not available yet?

Dragonite - 62 candy to go.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Last Machop found so we now have a Machamp. Also, completed the last bit of walking and after 208km we have a Charizard. That puts us on 136 in the Pokedex. The gaps are:

Muk - 32 candy to go.

Not bad going, I shall compile my list later on!

Of yours I have managed to catch Venusaur, Muk, Aerodactyl and Lickitung in the wild, although in all 4 cases the specimens I have represent the one and only time I've seen them other than in gyms in the case of Venusaur and Aerodactyl.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not bad going, I shall compile my list later on!

Of yours I have managed to catch Venusaur, Muk, Aerodactyl and Lickitung in the wild, although in all 4 cases the specimens I have represent the one and only time I've seen them other than in gyms in the case of Venusaur and Aerodactyl.

It's funny how it works out isn't it?

Upon review, an executive decision has been taken to buddy up with the Kabuto as we just never seem to see them. We do see the occasional Bulbasaur, the very occasional Grimer and we've caught two or three Omanytes over the last week having seen none for weeks and weeks. I wasn't overjoyed to see it's 5km per candy though...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Oops

Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Muk - 32 candy to go.

My Pokedex is currently sitting at 127, with the following being gaps:

- IVYSAUR (Simply never seen one, and any Bulbasaur candy I've had has been used to power up the wild Venusaur I caught)
- NINETALES (20 candies required)
- DUGTRIO (12 candies required)
- ALAKAZAM (47 candies required)
- MACHAMP (20 candies required)
- GOLEM (60 candies required)
- SLOWBRO (Saw one when I was at a very low level, but it ran away. 23 candies required)
- FARFETCH'D (N/A)
- WEEZING (7 candies required)
- TANGELA (Never seen one)
- KANGASKHAN (N/A)
- SCYTHER (Never seen one)
- TAUROS (N/A)
- DITTO (Not found as yet - a friend of mine has two, both were pretending to be Pidgey which fits with [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]'s discovery)
- PORYGON (Never seen one)
- OMASTAR (Only ever found one Omanyte, so 47 candies required)
- KABUTOPS (31 candies required)
- SNORLAX (Seen one, but my app crashed mid-catch attempt. Most annoying.)
- ARTICUNO (N/A)
- MOLTRES (N/A)
- ZAPDOS (N/A)
- DRAGONITE (79 candies required. As per Bozza, I haven't seen a Dratini in AGES)

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
I'm struggling with starter Pokemon (Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur, Charmeleon and Charizard) and havng not had any 10km eggs for ages, I'm missing Snorlax, Lapras, Pinsir, Chansey and Aerodactyl. I have a few to get more candies for, but these are my biggest gaps.

I'm not sure when the next Pokemon will be released, up to #251, but hopefully it's after Christmas when it's warmer and people can get out more. It's worth keeping in mind that of those 100, six are legendary and so will probably not be available right away, eleven are extra evolutions of the current group of Pokemon, so it might be worth saving candies up now, and seven are baby Pokemon. They may also keep four Pokemon to be region exclusive as with the current roster.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Just got a Ditto - as with [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], mine was disguised as a Pidgey.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
In nearly 5 months we had caught 5 Omanyte and 2 or 3 of those have been in the last couple of weeks.

Earlier this afternoon we found another 3 of the blighters all together at Manor Sports Ground in Worthing. Catching them required a sudden U-turn, some Professionals style driving and a mad dash. I'd happily have taken 3 points on my driving licence though. 31 candy down, 19 to go...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Seems after the initial mentalness, this has died on it's arse a bit ? Don't hear anyone much talking about it any more.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Seems after the initial mentalness, this has died on it's arse a bit ? Don't hear anyone much talking about it any more.
I think that's in part because either people have caught everything or, probably more likely, have caught most stuff and are bored of hunting for what they still need.

I'll be interested to see how much it picks back up, if at all, when the next lot of Pokemon are introduced.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Strong rumours circulating that Gen2 is coming this week.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Still only have 111, no Gyrodos, Lapras or Arcanine... Have one Vapereon and only had 3 10 k eggs since the start, 2 of which were Magmars! doh!

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
So, seven Gen II Pokemon have been released, only to be found in eggs right now (2km: Igglybuff and Cleffa, 5km: Pichu and Togepi and 10km: Smoochum, Elekid and Magby. Of these, only Togepi can evolve into a new Pokemon (Togetic).

I got an Igglybuff today, as well as a few Christmas Pikachu.

Ignoring the new additions, I need:

Bulbasaur - Ivysaur - Venusaur (I haven't seen a single Bulbasaur)
Charizard (100 candies)
Sandslash (3 candies)
Dugtrio (6 candies)
Dodrio (40 candies)
Muk (36 candies)
Exeggutor (10 candies)
Omastar (40 candies)
Kabutops (40 candies)
Dragonite (79 candies)

as well as

Porygon, Tangela, Pinsir, Chansey, Aerodactyl, Lapras and Snorlax.

So much still to do.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
People still playing this?
[MENTION=17506]Seaber[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] definitely are. I am when in London. I caught a Christmas Pikachu today, complete with little Santa hat.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Went for a 8 mile run earlier that took in the Omanyte spawning point we discovered a few weeks ago and got the last one we needed to get to an Omnastar.

My list is still pretty much as before, other than advancing our Kabuto through being our buddy.

Got to level 30 yesterday which gave me a load of items including 3 incubators, so I've got 4 eggs on the go currently - all 5km though unfortunately. The first batch of 4 were also all 5km.

Venusaur - 45 candy to go.
Muk - 32 candy to go.
Kabutops - 19 candy to go. Current buddy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here