Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Camber Sands

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Three people are feared dead and three more fighting for their lives after being stung by a swarm of jellyfish off the British coast.

Six people are thought to have suffered cardiac arrests having come into contact with the swarm of jellyfish who are thought to have been brought close to the shores of Camber Sands by the warm currents.

A 19-year-old lad has been flown to hospital while two more are being treated at the beach near Rye, East Sussex, by paramedics.

A UK Coastguard spokesperson said police and the RNLI are at sea searching for any survivors.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was off to swim there today, but changed my mind and went to Deal instead. Normally loads of families on the beach at Camber - packed today :down:

Rock Lobster

Dec 2, 2010
Hastings
"A local news agency earlier said that three people had died as a result of jellyfish stings. Police and HM Coastguard said that this was not the case."

From that Metro article.

A mate of mine was their earlier with his family, they'd left just before this all happened.

:down:

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
My eldest daughter was there today, spoke to her at around 1:30 , she said the RNLI helicopter was up at the time. She has since told me she was in the sea before and after the incident.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
A sad outcome at the end of the day, which probably started off as totally care-free and happy :nono:
RIP to the young lad that died and speedy recoveries to the other two members of his family that were caught up in the tragedy.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here