Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shane Duffy

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So. Is this a goer ? Both reports seem to have some credence.
The first £2m report was in the Irish Sun
The £3.5m report was via the Mirror.
Its not mad made up twitter accounts...

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
So. Is this a goer ? Both reports seem to have some credence.
The first £2m report was in the Irish Sun
The £3.5m report was via the Mirror.
Its not mad made up twitter accounts...

Although, knowing some of the people who write these things, they might be both mad and made-up.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I have not seen this anywhere in the media, but a Palace fan claims we are talking to Marriappa's agent, he has been released by Palace and this poster maybe a friend of the player.
It would also fit the Albion signing a player not mentioned in the media.

He is 29 and has played 284 career games and never lower than Championship, plays either right back or central defender.

Last edited:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I have not seen this anywhere in the media, but a Palace fan claims we are talking to Marriappa's agent, he has been released by Palace and this poster maybe a friend of the player.

He is 29 and has played 284 career games and never lower than Championship, plays either right back or central defender.

Decent. I would take him.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Didn't they turn down 5m for Marshall from us ?

Don't seem the type of club to roll over if they don't want too despite their finances

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Didn't they turn down 5m for Marshall from us ?

Don't seem the type of club to roll over if they don't want too despite their finances

Both in last year of contracts now though.... still does not mean they will roll over obviously but certainly means it needs sorting much like our scenario with Stephens and Kayal

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Would be a good signing in my view. Not old but very experienced and can cover a couple of positions. Would be good although presumably hasn't been training all summer so wouldn't be ready to play at Derby, where we really need someone.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Blackburn press suggesting he will sign a long term deal with them.
Mariappa? I'd take him no question

Blackburn/Lancashire press on Duffy is not definitive and he leaves a fair bit of wiggle room. Hard to decode these quotes.

"Talks between the club and the player’s representatives are ongoing and the Republic of Ireland international says the situation is currently ‘out of his hands’.
He told the Lancashire Telegraph: “It’s down to the representatives; they’re dealing with it and the manager’s trying to push it.
“I’m just happy to be here and I’m happy at this club, so whatever happens otherwise, that’s not in my hands."
http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.u..._Blackburn_Rovers_as_contract_talks_continue/

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
Blackburn/Lancashire press on Duffy is not definitive and he leaves a fair bit of wiggle room. Hard to decode these quotes.

"Talks between the club and the player’s representatives are ongoing and the Republic of Ireland international says the situation is currently ‘out of his hands’.
He told the Lancashire Telegraph: “It’s down to the representatives; they’re dealing with it and the manager’s trying to push it.
“I’m just happy to be here and I’m happy at this club, so whatever happens otherwise, that’s not in my hands."
http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.u..._Blackburn_Rovers_as_contract_talks_continue/

If the player is happy being there then he'll not leave unless the club receives an outrageous offer they can't refuse.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Agree. I don't see anything in the article that confirms he will sign. Realistically, Blackburn don't seem to be doing anything and their fans aren't very optimistic for the season ahead. I'd say he would be interested if Blackburn accept an offer from us but, in the meantime, he's also talking to them about a new contract. If it was an article about Kayal or Stephens, then a lot of people would be saying it means nothing and they are about to leave.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'd be Mariappy enough for such a signing. I loved the side that finished last season, and have faith in the spirit of the group to go one better, but a weakening by having only one centre half needs to be cured. Captain Bruno is able, but I can see Derby pulling off a spin and a dive on him, so someone who knows and is the role would be finer.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

He's got to say that hasn't he?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Just do it Albion...

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia

Sure, he's ex-Palace, but should definitely be worth a shot! That is, if he's willing to take a small pay cut, considering his wages at Palace (I'd imagine it to be in the £25k region)

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Sure, he's ex-Palace, but should definitely be worth a shot! That is, if he's willing to take a small pay cut, considering his wages at Palace (I'd imagine it to be in the £25k region)

He's a free agent so hopefully he'll accept a pay cut!

I can just see this happening as he's just the kind of player that CH would like. Experienced player who has played at the highest level, a good age, the captain at Watford who can play RB if required. He would be a solid signing for little outlay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here