Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's best 'thing' you've purchased for your home ....

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
That's normal for all delivery firms, imagine if they have 20ty plus deliveries all with stairs, think there employees will have broke backs after one day..

What's wrong with you getting a mate to help you lift the fridge up or down the stairs, weird excuse not to get a American fridge in my view ???

35 years ago I used to do removals. I've shifted sofas, washing machines, pianos and the like; it was part of the job. These days I'm not sure I'm up to it, all those years of sitting on me arse have taken their toll.

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
35 years ago I used to do removals. I've shifted sofas, washing machines, pianos and the like; it was part of the job. These days I'm not sure I'm up to it, all those years of sitting on me arse have taken their toll.

Working for removals company that's got to be one of the hardest jobs, you could find a couple of Nigel's to carry it for you ( shame you don't live nere selhurst )

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
The ad is funnyas****. I didn't actually by the branded one as a £1 asian washing stool does the same job here in SK. It works, anything that props your knees above the exit hole eases the flow ; )

lovely stuff

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
AKG headphones.

I can listen to music at the correct volume without my wife saying turn it down it's too loud.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Not sure where you are moving to but if it is south (Vic or NSW) make sure you consider the heating in your house. Generally Australian heating is crappy (certainly in comparison with what you are probably used). If buying it is certainly work looking into Hydronic heating (basically UK style radiators etc).

Thank you! :thumbsup:

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
image.jpeg

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Apple TV for me. To give me the ability to stream "enthusiasm" movies onto my TV via my iPad.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Weber Master Touch Bar-B-Q.

I've recently bought one and only used it twice so far, I'm impressed. Looking for some decent briquettes, but as the stores/garden centers etc. are starting to believe that summer is over, they are becoming harder to source.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
My two Labradors. Paid £450 eight years ago for one, and £100 ( she was part of an unwanted litter) six years ago,for the other.
No item has brought me more joy than those two.

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
An Aqualisa shower unit. The best shower system I have EVER come across, including many top quality hotels, totally reliable, serious water pumping power (so good that the 'rainforest' head which was bought as an extra really is redundant) and has not missed a beat in nearly 10 years daily use. I am about to make enquiries as to where I can buy one in Oz after I move.

You will also need flyscreens, but standard out there. Don't go outside of course - because of the flies.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Firstly the power, normal size shower head but so much more water. Secondly the quality, still looks like new after nearly 10 years. Lastly the features, you can have different head(s) and positions which you can then choose between just by switching a small remote handle, and having the controls a few feet from the shower allowing you to turn it on, or adjust the temperature, without freezing or burning your nads off.

You have high water bills???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here