Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's best 'thing' you've purchased for your home ....

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Out of curiosity, what is so good about them? We just have an old mixer tap and it works perfectly but then we have very good water pressure.

If I'm correct you have a combi boiler in your house, so your hot and cold water is mains pressure.
Lots of houses have bathrooms with hot water from a cylinder and cold from a tank in the loft, for a shower with decent pressure a mixer shower and a pump is required, expensive for a decent one and lots of pipe work.

The Aqualisa digital can be fitted to existing wall tiles without chasing pipes in the wall, the hot and cold water is mixed in a digital processor sited in the loft or a cupboard, one pipe then feeds to the shower, the riser rail ( pole that holds the shower head) also acts as a pipe to the shower control.

Here is a photo of the Aqualia Visage digital.
image.jpeg

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
As I don't drink alcohol, tea or coffee, for me it's the fridge with the built in ice maker plugged into the plumbing. Perfect for cool drinks 24/7.

Sent from your mum using Tapatalk

You have helped me here as I have been trying to think of an answer for this thread.
I do drink alcochol and tea but I also drink lots of water, I bought an American fridge/ freezer this year to replace our old fridge/ freezer that was far too small. The new fridge/freezer has loads of storage and an ice maker and chilled water dispenser in one of the doors.

Not sure why it plays a silly jingle when changing from chilled water to crushed or cubed ice though, but it was well worth the money.

Never thought I would get excited about a fridge :)

Jan 30, 2008
If I'm correct you have a combi boiler in your house, so your hot and cold water is mains pressure.
Lots of houses have bathrooms with hot water from a cylinder and cold from a tank in the loft, for a shower with decent pressure a mixer shower and a pump is required, expensive for a decent one and lots of pipe work.

The Aqualisa digital can be fitted to existing wall tiles without chasing pipes in the wall, the hot and cold water is mixed in a digital processor sited in the loft or a cupboard, one pipe then feeds to the shower, the riser rail ( pole that holds the shower head) also acts as a pipe to the shower control.

Here is a photo of the Aqualia Visage digital.
View attachment 76754
DIGITAL QUARTZ ???
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
Digital Quartz is the next one up from this and it's a really good shower, but does the same job.
Costs more and has more lights.
i know i've got one, poxy shower head holder packed up cost me nearly £50 for a new one plus all the grief of dismantling the shower and unplugging the power cable/water pipe to get the old one off :annoyed:
regards
DR

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Ours doesn't look like that but I have to say for the sake of £20 a week, getting home to a hoovered, clean house every Friday night is a very nice feeling for both my girlfriend and myself who work long hours and away from home on a regular basis.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ooh looks great. Is there any one particular model you would recommend?

Sent from your mum using Tapatalk

This is funny, as when I heard people using the term "digital shower", I assumed it must be one of your Viz Profanisaurus entries.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
An Aqualisa shower unit. The best shower system I have EVER come across, including many top quality hotels, totally reliable, serious water pumping power (so good that the 'rainforest' head which was bought as an extra really is redundant) and has not missed a beat in nearly 10 years daily use. I am about to make enquiries as to where I can buy one in Oz after I move.

You are Alan Partridge and I claim my 5 pounds.[emoji6]

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
You have helped me here as I have been trying to think of an answer for this thread.
I do drink alcochol and tea but I also drink lots of water, I bought an American fridge/ freezer this year to replace our old fridge/ freezer that was far too small. The new fridge/freezer has loads of storage and an ice maker and chilled water dispenser in one of the doors.

Not sure why it plays a silly jingle when changing from chilled water to crushed or cubed ice though, but it was well worth the money.

Never thought I would get excited about a fridge :)

I wanted an american style fridge with icemaker and that. I even put a pipe in for one when I did the kitchen.
I trooped off to Currys last year and found one I liked. I said to the woman "I'd like one of them please". She said "how many steps up to your kitchen ?" which I thought was odd. Counting in my head I said " 3 at the front then 7 up to the kitchen from the landing". "Sorry", she says, "Our deliver people will only go up two steps. Health and safety you see".
So I went off looking elsewhere but it seems loads of places employ schoolgirls to deliver heavy stuff.
I did find a local shop that said they'd deliver one, even with stairs, but they said "We've only got one in stock, have a look on the internet then come back and we'll see if we can get it".
Gave up in the end.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Squatty potty - indispensable until I return to the land of squat toilets.

Ha, the ad for that is brilliant. Did you actually buy and does it do what it says on the tin?

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
I wanted an american style fridge with icemaker and that. I even put a pipe in for one when I did the kitchen.
I trooped off to Currys last year and found one I liked. I said to the woman "I'd like one of them please". She said "how many steps up to your kitchen ?" which I thought was odd. Counting in my head I said " 3 at the front then 7 up to the kitchen from the landing". "Sorry", she says, "Our deliver people will only go up two steps. Health and safety you see".
So I went off looking elsewhere but it seems loads of places employ schoolgirls to deliver heavy stuff.
I did find a local shop that said they'd deliver one, even with stairs, but they said "We've only got one in stock, have a look on the internet then come back and we'll see if we can get it".
Gave up in the end.

That's normal for all delivery firms, imagine if they have 20ty plus deliveries all with stairs, think there employees will have broke backs after one day..

What's wrong with you getting a mate to help you lift the fridge up or down the stairs, weird excuse not to get a American fridge in my view ???

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
An Aqualisa shower unit. The best shower system I have EVER come across, including many top quality hotels, totally reliable, serious water pumping power (so good that the 'rainforest' head which was bought as an extra really is redundant) and has not missed a beat in nearly 10 years daily use. I am about to make enquiries as to where I can buy one in Oz after I move.

Not sure where you are moving to but if it is south (Vic or NSW) make sure you consider the heating in your house. Generally Australian heating is crappy (certainly in comparison with what you are probably used). If buying it is certainly work looking into Hydronic heating (basically UK style radiators etc).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here