Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion v Luton Town pre-season friendly official match thread.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Shocking defending for the SECOND goal

monkey_computer.jpg

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The assists machine with another today, Skalak is such a footballer. We need to be playing him in his strongest position on the right so that he can be deadly in open play as well as set pieces. Knockaert to play off Murray or Hemed would work like a dream, give him the freedom to cause mayhem with Skalak on the right and Murphy/LuaLua/March on the left. Away from home, that would cause teams problems all over the place.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
This is like watching us play two seasons ago. Long Ball slow and no width. Luton look fitter, want the ball more and you can see Jonsey's style of play bossing ours. Lots of quick crossfield balls catching us out. On the plus side Manu looked our best player.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Our passing is appalling. We are also being out worked, out muscled and out paced. Only pre-season so not a major worry but it's not helping my glass half empty feel since the playoffs.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Easiest game Walton will have this season. Other than a couple of free kicks and one that hit the bar, we did not threaten their goal. UNLESS of course I missed others during the many break ups on Seagulls player. It is an absolute disgrace and a waste of £35 quid a year. Won't be renewing unless they sort it out.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Was at Aldershot on Tuesday and we were poor and defensively fragile. Not sure we were much better today which is a worry. Hopefully Stevenage will be an improvement. Luton and Fulham looked fitter and brighter than we did and certainly a lot further done the road towards being ready. I know that is not the opinion to have on here, but I confess to worry. There is a lot of we were great last year etc but this is a new season, the league is tougher as always and we, at the moment, haven't moved forward. I hope that changes soon.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Seeing as how we are playing fractions of the first team in each match we can't expect much really, but o would have liked to see games with the full team by now, or at least parts of games with essentially the full team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here