Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Dunk bid

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Purely guessing but from casual observations you'd suggest Goldson's injury may be more serious than anyone is letting on
As a plus it's interesting that the local press "expert" who has been leading the Twitter-chase for Dunk isn't aware that he signed a new long term deal last August and has calculated the supposed bid based on just two years remaining on his contract. No research.
Struggling to understand how Pulis doesn't rate Chester who is a very energetic ball playing centre back

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Dunks worth every penny of 15m in the current market simply because he's mostly good at his job and scores goals. I wouldn't take anything less tbh.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
The silence regarding Goldson is worrying. We need another CB in place as soon as possible let alone selling Dunk.
I certainly agree we could get in excess of £10m for him if in the current crazy market we wanted to sell but we'd be mad to contemplate it now. Might be worth contemplating trying Rosenior as a sweeper in front of the back four in the last couple of pre-season games. If we are forced to go with an untried pairing at Derby it could be a good insurance.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Brian Owen/Naylor are dismissing suggestions that there have been further bids for Dunk

[tweet]757447134916538368[/tweet]

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The silence regarding Goldson is worrying. .

Had a look and i think the last time Hughton mentioned him was 10 days ago when he said
""Connor's just taken a knock on his knee. We are assessing it at the moment. We are hoping he will be back in training soon."
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/14622868.Albion_boss_demands_more_goals_from_his_strikers/

Edit:

Scrub that he said this (not much more detail) at weekend.

“Connor won’t make midweek.(Oxford) It’s a concern, but it’s part and parcel of the game."
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...ighton-hove-albion-oxford-united-3204350.aspx

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
How might you know this?

If he wants to go then we need to hold out for 12m+ sell on. I'm not exactly confident that all of that potential money will be made available as additional transfer funds, neither do I think we would be able to replace Dunk's quality if it was. We'd probably be able to bring in someone who is less likely to make errors but extremely unlikely to get someone as dominant in the air defensively and such a handful in the oppostion box (especially with knockaert and skalak delivering). Dunk scores some important goals and always will. So however much we get for the transfer and however much we spend of it, we'll be downgrading. Still i'm sure a few dribbling dick heads will be delighted at his departure, stating that he was the 'reason we didn't go up' and the like :facepalm:

Personally I would be absolutely devastated if any part of this team is broken up. Perhaps i'm naive to think that the players should be thinking in terms of unfinished business rather than their wallets. #together and all that.

Of course they should want to further their careers but a move to sodding WBA is not exactly much of an advancement, other than the financial implications.

If he goes this window, or whenever he goes I will reveal the source. As I told the source WBA isn't much of a step up other than in terms of pay.

Anything less and we've been mugged what with the new Premiership windfall these clubs have received.

Tend to agree. Same goes for Stephens.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
If he goes this window, or whenever he goes I will reveal the source. As I told the source WBA isn't much of a step up other than in terms of pay.

Tend to agree. Same goes for Stephens.

WBA would be a major step up. They are an established premier league club. We have that potential, but that's it.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Naylor is adamant WBA haven't made a bid and given the glaring innacuracies in the Birmingham Mail reports that are feeding the rumour I suspect he may be right. Jeremy Peace just using the press to unsettle a player........usual tactics :shrug:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
WBA would be a major step up. They are an established premier league club. We have that potential, but that's it.

I really can't understand why people don't see this. WBA overshadow us in almost every way.

Lets face it, we've never made it past a Championship Semi final, we've bottled 3 of the last 4 years in the play offs, we've never played in the Premier league.

We do have a nice training ground though I'll give you that.

FWIW, I think location plays a big part here. If it was a Bournemouth, he'd be gone in a shot . Midlands away from his family, with a young family himself is a big move.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here