Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2nd Test: England v Pakistan, Old Trafford

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I've just realised how far down England bat here.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Root does very well scores well and then appears to have a lapse of concentration and loses his wicket to stupid stroke that he would not normally play or hadnt done previously in the innings so I can see the point about giving his wicket away cheaply.

It was YOUR point wasn't it ? Which no-one agrees with as far as I can see.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I am sure that if asked to help out Trescothick would come back for a test and do a job. Obviously not a long term solution but we had to win this test.

He's the most in-form opening batsman in county cricket for sure, but he will be 41 before the end of the year, he retired from test cricket 8 years ago and he now bats wearing spectacles.

Alex Hales was bang in form against Sri Lanka. If he had converted one of those knocks into a big hundred, he would be cashing in in this series too. If England persevere, he will make a big century before the end of this test series, I'm pretty sure of that.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Interesting stat. The last time both England openers were bowled by the same bowler was at The Oval in 2001, Shane Warne dismissing Trescothick and Atherton

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He's the most in-form opening batsman in county cricket for sure, but he will be 41 before the end of the year, he retired from test cricket 8 years ago and he now bats wearing spectacles.

Alex Hales was bang in form against Sri Lanka. If he had converted one of those knocks into a big hundred, he would be cashing in in this series too. If England persevere, he will make a big century before the end of this test series, I'm pretty sure of that.

Oi, I'll 'ave you know that I bat wearing spectacles. Every single one of my 400 wickets was taken in me goggles too.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Lovely six from Woakes there, super start from him.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Guided deliberately over the slips for 6, excellent stuff from Woakes [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

And after a very painful looking ball on the arm too.

This series seems as though it's being played in a much better spirit than many other England- Pakistan series over the years, doesn't it? I know the media tried to make something of the Pakistani press-up celebration at Lord's, but I don't think the England players had any issue with it. For all sorts of reasons, previous Tests have often had a bit of niggle about them. It's quite nice to see this one looks like it's being played with a good degree of mutual respect.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
:clap2:

[tweet]756798002325487616[/tweet]

The Saturday of any Test (apart from at Lord's, obviously) is always top notch fancy dress spotting territory. Lovely stuff.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
:clap2:

[tweet]756798002325487616[/tweet]

The Saturday of any Test (apart from at Lord's, obviously) is always top notch fancy dress spotting territory. Lovely stuff.

He was there yesterday (or the costume was at least)... probably why nobody is sitting anywhere near?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
And after a very painful looking ball on the arm too.

This series seems as though it's being played in a much better spirit than many other England- Pakistan series over the years, doesn't it? I know the media tried to make something of the Pakistani press-up celebration at Lord's, but I don't think the England players had any issue with it. For all sorts of reasons, previous Tests have often had a bit of niggle about them. It's quite nice to see this one looks like it's being played with a good degree of mutual respect.

Agreed....looks like quite a bit of friendly chatter going on, including with the umpires. Nice to see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here