Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suggestion Box: Alternate Ways To Save The Club £40,000 A Season

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I haven't done the cost benefit analysis, but assuming these figures:

We have 22,000 STHs and we get another 2,500 paying home fans, paying say £30 a head.

How about introducing a fully operable season ticket exchange running side by side with the current one (only opened when demand allows and where vouchers are given where a seat is sold), with the crucial difference that tickets can be bought and sold at all times at market prices - season ticket holders paying a flat fee of £25 for the privilege. They could be allowed to buy into this at any point before the end of January.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Scrap the travel subsidy and save 2 million a season.
Scrap the police presence and get a private security firm in for half the price.

Get rid of shite players and pay them half of their contracts up.
Sell more tickets that are affordable on match days.

Have more events at the Amex
Have a £5 lottery where half goes to the club and the rest is shared out to the winners.
What colour is the sky in your world?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Release a decent home shirt without that doesn't need a sponsor sticker on the front.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I haven't done the cost benefit analysis, but assuming these figures:

We have 22,000 STHs and we get another 2,500 paying home fans, paying say £30 a head.

How about introducing a fully operable season ticket exchange running side by side with the current one (only opened when demand allows and where vouchers are given where a seat is sold), with the crucial difference that tickets can be bought and sold at all times at market prices - season ticket holders paying a flat fee of £25 for the privilege. They could be allowed to buy into this at any point before the end of January.

Interesting idea. I struggle attending the evening games but I suspect a lot of other people do too. So I could see there being a glut of tickets on offer with not much buying interest.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Interesting idea. I struggle attending the evening games but I suspect a lot of other people do too. So I could see there being a glut of tickets on offer with not much buying interest.

Absolutely. So when that happens, the market price falls to say, a tenner a ticket. Obviously this undercuts the club but the club already has the £25 per STH in hand and secondly, it's probably fair to say that of those paying a tenner a ticket, at least half of them WOULDN'T have gone at all if they had been asked to pay £30 a pop from the club, so the club now also benefits from any concessions bought at the club shop etc by these STH replacement punters.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Absolutely. So when that happens, the market price falls to say, a tenner a ticket. Obviously this undercuts the club but the club already has the £25 per STH in hand and secondly, it's probably fair to say that of those paying a tenner a ticket, at least half of them WOULDN'T have gone at all if they had been asked to pay £30 a pop from the club, so the club now also benefits from any concessions bought at the club shop etc by these STH replacement punters.

I see your point. It's a bold step but logical.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Quote Originally Posted by Dunk
Give anyone willing to pay £40k the last 5 minutes in a game if we have a dead rubber at the end of the season.

This!

Then tell the players to ensure he never touches the ball.

Billy Paynter would think you guys were having a pop at him with those idea's

Nobody has mentioned the OBVIOUS solution.

Get relegated and enjoy all the benefits that flow from the lower costs that every club in League One experiences. It's even cheaper to run a club if you can achieve League Two status.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Create a 1901 carriage and waiting area at Falmer Station, travel in luxury back to Brighton Station, free quail thrown in?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here