Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Allardyce New England Manager

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Was hoping for Klinsmann so I'm depressed as fvck!! Typical FA appointment.

Here's hoping he proves us doubters wrong.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
the most Mike Bassett manager we could have gone for. For that reason I am very happy. Dreams do come true, I can see Big Sam with the trophy in his hands with Benson and Hedges either side.

I really really really hope he has the balls to drop a few of the "stars" now and play a few more give a toss type players. Perform or **** off should be his selection policy.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
When Heskey played for England, it gave everyone who had ever donned a pair of boots hope that they too could play for England. I now believe I could one day get the England managers job.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Good. A misunderstood manager, wrongly dismissed as a long-ball merchant because that was the way he had to play to make Bolton successful on a limited budget. But once they were established he signed flair players like Jay-Jay Okocha and got them into Europe. And there is zero chance that we will go into a game without a plan A, B and C.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Was hoping for Klinsmann so I'm depressed as fvck!! Typical FA appointment.

Here's hoping he proves us doubters wrong.

Ah yes, Klinsmann - one of the few men who managed Bayern Munich without winning the Bundesliga and Germany without reaching a final. He'd have been a perfect England manager.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Good. A misunderstood manager, wrongly dismissed as a long-ball merchant because that was the way he had to play to make Bolton successful on a limited budget. But once they were established he signed flair players like Jay-Jay Okocha and got them into Europe. And there is zero chance that we will go into a game without a plan A, B and C.

Harsh on big Sam. He embraced modern coaching methods years before many other managers. He was actually quite ahead of his time

Totally agree. All this stuff about long balls and hoofball is ridiculous. That Bolton side of his, with Okacha, Campo and Djorkaeff played some stylish football. And he was one of the first managers to use Prozone.

He should have got the job when Schteve got it ... all those wasted years

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
What depresses me the most about all this is I can't think of an English manager who I'd feel confident could do any better than Big Sam..

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
It's fashionable to criticize Allardyce but he has been successful at most of the clubs he has managed and at least has different tactics for when things aren't going well. Far better CV than Hodgson imo

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Agreed. He mugged us with West Ham winning with their only chance of the game. I remember Gus taking solace that they had adjusted to play against Brighton, but that didn't get us any points. SA gets work because he finds a way to win. He has a reputation as a relegation fire fighter and this seems to be where England are after the Euros. His levels of preparation would not have allowed for the defensive fubars that handed Iceland a quarter final place. I just hope that the show ponies will play for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here