Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joke d'annee

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Darts match. An implausible scenario - but picture the scene.

first player, first dart - double top.
second dart, another double top.

Just as the third dart is in flight, a nun walks across the line of
the board, hits her/him (let's be PC) and kills him/her.

Caller shouts out: "one nun dead and eighty".

Coat! Taxi! oh FFS take it or leave it.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
What's the nun doing being so careless walking across the line of a darts match?

How come the dart never hit her on the way to the board? It's such a bad idea for her to walk across the line of trajectory when she should clearly see what's going on.

And what was about the dart that killed her? Surely the rebound slows the dart's velocity to a mere sloping off towards the ground. Where did it hit her in order that she suffered such catastrophic and fatal wounds? Or was it a lethal drug in the tip of the dart that immediately kills her (and it is only ever a 'her')?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The caller would not incorporate the physical state of a human being into the announcement of a darts score.

It is also concerning that the caller is willing to accept that third date as valid.

I think you've been told a fib here. I don't believe this for one second.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Two American kids growin' up in the heartland

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
That joke is literally over 30 years old as I remember it as a kid.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I'd be surprised if the caller would know that the nun had died that quickly, how does he know she isn't unconscious. I would suggest he may be implicated in the murder of the nun, some sort of religious attack maybe?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Darts match. An implausible scenario - but picture the scene.

first player, first dart - double top.
second dart, another double top.

Just as the third dart is in flight, a nun walks across the line of
the board, hits her/him (let's be PC) and kills him/her.

Caller shouts out: "one nun dead and eighty".

Coat! Taxi! oh FFS take it or leave it.

I hope her sister does not make a habit of this :angel:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
My distant memory informs me that double-top yields 40 points. Given that the OP has told us that the player threw two double-tops, and was on 80 points, does that mean darts rules that hitting a nun is worth 100 points?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
That joke is literally over 30 years old as I remember it as a kid.
Around the same vintage in my mind as the Bobby Sands' phone number gag which would date it to 1981. Any advance on 35 years old...?

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Got to question the security here too. Why have they allowed a member of the public to walk in front of the dartboard.

Also, i highly doubt i nun would attend the darts.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I hope the player apologised for throwing doubles in open scoring, bad etiquette that is I'm afraid. Maybe the joke would work better as throwing a treble 20 then a single before the tragic outcome of the third?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
How do we know that it was a nun? It could have been a Muslim woman wearing a Hijab or Khimar. If it was the latter, it might have been murder; a deliberate hate crime. I bet the thrower did it on purpose.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
You KNEW about this dart-wielding nun killer from THIRTY YEARS AGO and have done NOTHING to stop him?

Blood on your hands sir. Blood on your hands.

I'm sure I first heard this in the late 70's when the crafty cockerknee was purported to be the murderer.
I can only presume that some DNA preserved at the crime scene now has him banged to rights ....

As for the nun, contributory negligence [and a lack of prayer on the day] was reported as a significant contribution to her demise at the time IIRC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here