Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

U21's at Dorchester tonight

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Time for Hambo to play alongside the first team in a friendly to gauge where he's at properly. Hughton must be very pleased.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
If he can do it against Dorchester he should be able to deliver in the Championship. Even if it doesn't happen immediately, you can be sure our fans will respond in patient and measured fashion.

Or get on his back after two games without a goal.:annoyed:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Love it when we play Collar and Tighe. Even better when we used to play White, Collar and Tighe in the same team:smile:

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
So who impressed you DS? Who do you think could step up?

I'm not really qualified to say as last night was my first viewing of them and also although Dorchester were impressive at times the number of substitutions made the match a bit disjointed especially the 2nd half. On that showing I didn't see anyone who could step up immediately but I guess it's no surprise that Hambo looks the most likely when the time is right.

The goals he scored were, in the main, tap ins from chances that were created by others. However there is no doubt he has the ability to be in the right place and react quicker than others. He is strong and confident and looks technically good and not afraid to lead the line. At one point he was alone against a back 5 and a ball was crossed into him from the flank. He flicked it forward with his chest and took all 5 out the game but directed his shot straight at the keeper. Great potential but needs a bit more time to develop in my opinion.

Starkey looked good at times in a sort of creative midfield type role but drifted in and out of the game but looks a good prospect. George Cox caught the eye as another technically gifted player and as mentioned Collar was superb at full back as he defended well but was also a constant threat going forward on the flank. He always picked the right pass which was normally delivered with perfect pace and timing. Harper was ok but clearly not able to shine with Hambo leading the line so well. It looked like they started as a front 2 but Harper seemed to drop deeper as the game progressed but not sure if he was hunting for the ball or a tactical instruction from Simon Rusk.

For about the first 10 mins we pressed and Dorchester never saw the ball and we played some superb stuff with lots of interchanging and fast passing. As we didn't score early on Dorchester came out of their shell and pegged us back and they also played some great football. During this period we kept our shape and defended well until we were able to once again get on the front foot and take control of the game.

As mentioned it's my first outing to see the Development squad and on this showing would say that nobody is yet ready to step up but we have a great bunch ready to come through when the time is right

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I'm not really qualified to say as last night was my first viewing of them and also although Dorchester were impressive at times the number of substitutions made the match a bit disjointed especially the 2nd half. On that showing I didn't see anyone who could step up immediately but I guess it's no surprise that Hambo looks the most likely when the time is right.

The goals he scored were, in the main, tap ins from chances that were created by others. However there is no doubt he has the ability to be in the right place and react quicker than others. He is strong and confident and looks technically good and not afraid to lead the line. At one point he was alone against a back 5 and a ball was crossed into him from the flank. He flicked it forward with his chest and took all 5 out the game but directed his shot straight at the keeper. Great potential but needs a bit more time to develop in my opinion.

Starkey looked good at times in a sort of creative midfield type role but drifted in and out of the game but looks a good prospect. George Cox caught the eye as another technically gifted player and as mentioned Collar was superb at full back as he defended well but was also a constant threat going forward on the flank. He always picked the right pass which was normally delivered with perfect pace and timing. Harper was ok but clearly not able to shine with Hambo leading the line so well. It looked like they started as a front 2 but Harper seemed to drop deeper as the game progressed but not sure if he was hunting for the ball or a tactical instruction from Simon Rusk.

For about the first 10 mins we pressed and Dorchester never saw the ball and we played some superb stuff with lots of interchanging and fast passing. As we didn't score early on Dorchester came out of their shell and pegged us back and they also played some great football. During this period we kept our shape and defended well until we were able to once again get on the front foot and take control of the game.

As mentioned it's my first outing to see the Development squad and on this showing would say that nobody is yet ready to step up but we have a great bunch ready to come through when the time is right

Cheers fella, much appreciated!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here