Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ebay timewasters. How do you deal with them?

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Tell me about it!

Having had two cars go pop on us now and all the frustration and financial loss that involves, to have time wasters cost you even more money and hassle on top just about takes the biscuit. I wouldn't mind if I was trying to pull a fast one but the ads are as honest as they come and quite clear as to what's being bid on.

Oh well, worse things happen at sea.......and relaaaaaxxx :)

Just do a classified advert, that way it stays up until someone actually pays the money. Only then take the advert down, nobody can wreck your auction that way or hit buy it now with no intention of paying.
Also advertise on gumtree at the same time, a lot less hassle than pishing about with auctions.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Just do a classified advert, that way it stays up until someone actually pays the money. Only then take the advert down, nobody can wreck your auction that way or hit buy it now with no intention of paying.
Also advertise on gumtree at the same time, a lot less hassle than pishing about with auctions.

Currently doing exactly this, you pay £15 and there are no fees after sale. I just wish someone would buy my motor :)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My daughter tried to sell a mobile phone and it went well to start and then the bidding started to climb nearing the end of listing...and then got stupid...up to £2k....turned out this **** in New York did it to hundreds of items but randomly.....EBAY contacted her and it didn't cost her a penny. Fortunately. Put her off using eBay though.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
E bay is a great idea but the management is awful. Non payers always still keep their 100% positive rating, why?

Saturn

Vicarious
Feb 11, 2016
I quite like eBay, I've been using it recently to add to my Gamecube collection. Can't say I've ever sold anything on there though.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Making no contact and no attempt to pay. Or making contact but then going silent and not paying.

As fvcked off as I am at the moment, for a wide variety of other reasons to be fair, I could live with it if Ebay also refunded listing fees, but they don't, so I'm out of pocket yet again while the time wasters seem to get off scott free.
No comfort to you I guess, but I have bought and sold many hundreds of items on EBay... only issue I have had is 2 items arrived not working..... a wifi booster and a car charger..... both returned with minimal fuss........ never had a non payer ...... do you use PayPal?... it's the simplest method.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here