Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Bruce being interviewed for England job

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Steve Bruce, Sam Allardyce? Are either better than Hodgson? Not on paper at least. It's all very well wanting an English manager but there are just no worthwhile options with the possible exception of Hoddle and even then....

I cannot at this point at least see any option other than to look abroad.

Allardyce is better than Hodgson. But Hodgson was very average.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lenny Bruce has just as much chance of being offered the job as Steve Bruce imo

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
As long as they don't come sniffing around CH I couldn't care less.
Watching England play has been dire for years.
Every tournament we build ourselves up for the failure of a team that never delivers.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Steve Bruce, Sam Allardyce? Are either better than Hodgson? Not on paper at least. It's all very well wanting an English manager but there are just no worthwhile options with the possible exception of Hoddle and even then....

I cannot at this point at least see any option other than to look abroad.

Either this is just a smokescreen to appease those wanting an English manager or the FA are even more clueless than most of us imagined.
Other British sports have shown the way. You get the very best in to coach/manage and the results will come. Eddie Jones took over an England rugby squad at a low ebb and in a few months, transformed them into a formidable unit.
The three man panel just needs to draw up a shortlist of the top ten managers in the world and then work progressively through the list, seeing who is available. I would suggest that two of that list would be interested.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't know which bunch are less inspiring - the Labour leadership options or those being touted for the England job.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
on the day that 3 people are shot dead in Lincolnshire is this appropriate?

Someones always getting shot somewhere. Gotta get on with life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here