Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russell Martin

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We currently have three first team centre backs. One is short term injured and one won't be match fit until September. If we shell out £2m+ for Martin then Dunk is gone (Martin is certainly not going to be on the bench for that money) and we STILL need another back-up CB :shrug:
Bournemouth sniffing round Dunk ???

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Russell Martin is a colossus in this division. He would be a superb signing if true.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Russell Martin is a colossus in this division. He would be a superb signing if true.

You obviously don't watch him playing for Scotland. He's a liability............I also watched him a lot when Chris was at Norwich. I would have to disagree

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
You obviously don't watch him playing for Scotland. He's a liability............I also watched him a lot when Chris was at Norwich. I would have to disagree

I said colossus in THIS division. I've seen him and always been impressed, positionally solid, strong as an ox, a vocal leader, maybe lacks a yard of pace but that's why we may be able to sign him.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I said colossus in THIS division. I've seen him and always been impressed, positionally solid, strong as an ox, a vocal leader, maybe lacks a yard of pace but that's why we may be able to sign him.

Gets caught out of position. gets outjumped at corners.........not bad at right back but hopeless at centre half

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Are you judging him on his appearances for Scotland and for a crap Premier League team?

YES.............................I can only judge what I see and anyhow. Good defenders stick out in bad defensive teams. Russell Martin does not.

All I am doing is giving my opinion on him based on what I have seen. Others on here seem to like him. Their opinions are just as valid as mine are. All I am saying is. because I have watched him for Scotland and Norwich a lot, I have probably seen more of him

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Seems like this one is happening. Work with members of his family and had brief chat this morning and they confirmed talks are advanced and expected him to sign possibly today. Was surprised since last I heard from them he was off to Celtic. During the brief chat (bloody work got in way) they said they thought Dunk would go but whether that was opinion or inside knowledge I don't know at this point.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Would be a very steady signing. Bags of experience. So a big yes from me. Also scores goals.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Seems like this one is happening. Work with members of his family and had brief chat this morning and they confirmed talks are advanced and expected him to sign possibly today. Was surprised since last I heard from them he was off to Celtic. During the brief chat (bloody work got in way) they said they thought Dunk would go but whether that was opinion or inside knowledge I don't know at this point.

WOW...........Im shocked at this one

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
WOW...........Im shocked at this one

You know what so am I. I would guess a significant cost upgrade on Greer but significant in terms of ability?? I guess he can play right back but again Rosenior was/is cover there. So whilst we needed another CB I am surprised it maybe him.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Isn't he captain at Norwich? Would be surprised if they sold their captain to a rival. Would love it to go through though.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
You know what so am I. I would guess a significant cost upgrade on Greer but significant in terms of ability?? I guess he can play right back but again Rosenior was/is cover there. So whilst we needed another CB I am surprised it maybe him.

I am surprised for a different reason

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Seriously don't believe it

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I am surprised for a different reason

I am possibly aware of that reason as well which was another thing that made me think it was rubbish when I read it this morning. Family seem sure but I will wait until I see him holding the shirt until I am.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here